Chapter 31

Tobias~

Tris has gone to Christina's house to get ready for a Dauntless or Candor party tonight. When I say gone I mean dragged. She hates having to wear stuff that Christina gives her. It's not her style apparently. I like it though. She always looks nice when Christina takes her and I like to see Tris dressed up every now and then. It makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world. When she fights she makes me proud because she always keeps tension in her stomach, and when ever she is thoughtful it makes me happy. She is my world and I am hers.

Two hours pass since Chris took Tris and the party starts at 7:00pm. I've got 20 minutes. I have a quick shower and chuck on a tight fitting black shirt and black jeans. I wear my combat boots but no socks because I'm too lazy to put some on. I lock Dezl in the bathroom again. He seems to be already potty trained and knows not to make a mess.

It's ten past seven when Chris and Tris walk in.

"Do you always have to be fashionably late?" Zeke asks.

"Yes! It makes me feel more important because you will always wait for me."

"No I won't." Zeke says with a disgusted look on his face, "I don't wait for anyone!"

"Then why haven't you started already?" She got him there.

""Buuuuuuurn!" Flynn says to Maya just loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Yeah yeah kid, let's start already!"

Tris sits down next to me and I see what she is wearing. A black singlet and over that a sequin covered black half top. She has some skinny black jeans on and a little bit of mascara and that stuff you put under your eyes. What ever it is, it makes her eyes so big and beautiful. She catches me staring at her but I don't hear what she says. I'm still mesmerised. I finally look down to see her also wear combat boots, but more feminine than mine.

"FOUR!" Everyone shouts at once.

"What? Did you say something?"

"I said, did you want to explain the game?" Zeke says really annoyed.

"We're you staring at me?" Tris asks.

"Maybe." She hits me on the arm and I start to explain the game.

"Ok, here's what happens. Someone asks anyone in the circle Dauntless or Candor? For example; Tris, D or C?
Tris will say one or the other. If you pick Dauntless, you have to do whatever the person tells you to. If you pick Candor, you have to truthfully answer any question they ask you.
If you refuse to do it you take off a piece of clothing and take a shot of vodka.
Everyone got it?" People nod slowly, taking in all of the rules.

"Ok, let's start!" Zeke shouts, "Tris, D or C?

"Dauntless!" That's my girl!

"I dare you to go out into the pit and kiss the first boy that walks past you." Zeke smiles evilly.

"NEVER! I belong to Four!" She states. With that she takes off her first shirt and takes a shot of vodka. I kiss her on the head as she scrunched up her face at the taste of the drink.

"Rose, D or C?"

"Dauntless."

"That's my lil sis! Go Rose!" Chris shouts and Rose blushes hot red.

"I dare you to go into the cafeteria and eat a bite out of everything, put it back and run away."

"Sure! I'm kinda hungry anyway!"  We all pile out of the room and follow Rose down to the cafeteria. We hide behind a store close by and watch giggling and recording it on our phones. Rose is taking a bite out of a burger bun, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese, onions, egg and a meat patty. She looks really full and tired from doing it but she gives us a thumbs up. When she's walking back to us, Alba's boss comes running out and chases Rose away. He's too unfit to follow her so he cusses out a few words and walks back into the kitchen. We all sit back down laughing and continue on with the game.

It was Maya's turn next and she chose Candor. Zeke held out PANSYCAKE and we all face palmed ourselves. She was asked if she had to die who would she want to be with. She said her boyfriend and that was a bit cheesy until she said "but he's dead anyways so..." We all sit there for a minute until she asks Cara D or C?

"DAUNTLESS!!" She screams.

"I dare you to let Four throw three knives at you in the training room."  Cara just stares at me. Eyeing me from head to toe. Could she trust me?

"Ok! Let's go!"

We all file out and into the knife section. I pick up three knives, choosing slowly and inspecting each one to scare Cara. It seemed to work. I finally have three knives and throw the first one before she even stands in place properly. It hit the board next to her thigh.

"Hey! I wasn't even standing there! With your potential skills, you could have hit me."

"But I didn't so..."

I throw another one.

"AAAAHHHHH!" Cara squeals.

"Relax Cara, he's only ever hit me in the ear and he AIMS at it. He'll probably just nick your arm or something." Tris says casually.

"How can I relax when MY LIFE COULD END right here right no... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

I've thrown the last knife while she turned to talk to Tris. It's right in front of her face. She touches her nose and sure enough it is bleeding. Tris and I nod in agreement and stride out of the room proudly.

"Tris D or C?" Cara yells out us.

"I don't think that's even a question for me anymore." She replies.

We waddle into the room again and Cara says,

"I dare you to let Four throw every knife in this room at you!"

I stare at Cara, wide eyed.

"You want me to throw knives at my wife because you are trying to prove a point?" I ask.

Tris smiles and blushes at the word wife.

"Yes, that is precisely what I want you to do!" Cara shouts.

"Are you sure Tris?"

"I trust you with my life and nothing will change that."

She kisses my cheek and walks over to the target. She's almost as tall as it now. I drag all of the knives over to where I stand. I ditch the first two in one go. They both hit beside Tris' face.

"HEY THAT WAS AWESOME BABY!!" She screams excitedly but not moving. I look into her eyes and throw three knives this time. They out line her left arm that's tucked behind her back. By the time Ive got one knife left there is only one spot left to aim at, her ear. We make this a personal joke now and it usually nicks her ear. I throw again and it scratches the top of her ear. She will still feel it but no blood will run down. I don't want to hurt her today.

Tris moves away from the target and jumps into my arms.

"Happy?" She asks Cara.

"No, but yes kinda."

"You didn't nick my ear."

"I didn't want to hurt you tonight. You don't kiss a boy I don't cut your ear."

She laughs and we all go back to Zeke's apartment. We stop playing around 1:00 am and we party for another two hours. We drink what ever shots were left and whatever else we could find. Tris and I walked home, more like stumbled home, to a sleeping puppy and clean house. Tris jumped onto me, making me fall back and landing on the bed. That night we did it and I don't think we used protection.