A Dinner Date 2

Silence followed the departure of the maitre d.  Mel had a feeling that Moriarty was upset with her for some reason...but she didn't understand why.  It was like he was giving her the cold shoulder.

Moriarty brought her out of her thoughts.  "What would you like to have?"

Mel opened the menu for the first time.  And her jaw dropped.  "It's in French."

Moriarty smiled at her surprise.  "Yes it is."

Mel looked up at him.  "I can't read it."

Moriarty laughed at the confusion on Mel's face.  "I can read it to you, if you'd like."

Mel shook her head, smiling slightly.  "No that's fine.  I'll let you pick something out for me."

Moriarty became serious.  "You trust me enough to let me do that?"

Mel smiled and shrugged.  "Yes."

Moriarty smiled at her as she put down the menu.  "You're not the feisty woman I was expecting."

Mel laughed.  "I'm not always feisty."

Moriarty laughed with her.  "I can see that."

After a few moments of shared laughter, they quieted down and the mood again became serious.  Mel was looking into Moriarty's eyes, trying to guess his intentions when the waiter came to the table.

He asked.  "Qu'est-ce que vous voulez a boire?"

Moriarty told the waiter what they would like to order and the waiter left.  Mel didn't understand a word of what they had said.

A few moments later, the waiter came back with their drinks.  Mel noticed that Moriarty had ordered them the same drinks.  It appeared to be lemonade.

Moriarty smiled and took a sip of his drink.  "It's lemonade.  I've found that this restaurant has the best lemonade in London."

Mel smiled back at him.  "Hmm that's interesting."  Mel looked warily at her lemonade.

Moriarty raised an eyebrow.  "You don't like lemonade?"

Mel blushed slightly and looked away from him.  "I've never had it before."

Moriarty looked surprised.  "How have you never had lemonade?"

Mel shrugged.  "I usually only drink water, on rare occasions I'll drink tea.  I guess it's a habit I picked up in the service."

Moriarty nodded.  "Water was all you had to drink."

Mel nodded and then Moriarty did something unexpected.  He picked up her glass of lemonade and held the straw up to her lips.  "Try it."

Mel took a sip of it and her eyes lit up in excitement.  "This is amazing."

Moriarty chuckled lightly to himself at her reaction.  "I agree.  It is pretty amazing.  It has such a unique flavor."

Mel nodded as Moriarty gently set her glass down.  "Thank you Jim."

Moriarty smirked back at her.  "For what?"

Mel raised an eyebrow at him.  "You already know what for.  Are you really going to make me say it?"

Moriarty nodded as his eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief.  "Of course I am.  What fun would it be if I just let you off the hook?"

Mel laughed quietly.  "Not fun at all, I guess."  She sighed.  "Thank you for bringing me here and introducing me to lemonade.  It's very considerate of you."

Moriarty smiled at her.  "I'll take you out anytime you want me to."

Mel was taken aback.  "Really?"

He nodded.  "Of course I will.  Why, does that surprise you?"

Mel shrugged and blushed.  "No one's ever offered to spend more time with me than they had to.  Except my aunt, of course."

Moriarty reached over the table and took her hand.  He brought it up to his lips and gently kissed her hand, like any gentleman would do.  "You must've been very lonely."

Mel nodded.  "I was."  Then she smiled.  "But not anymore."

Moriarty's face lit up, as if he had just discovered a previously unknown quantity.  "You don't know how to act in this type of situation.  It was never a part of your training.  That's what was bothering you earlier."

Mel's eyes widened in shock and then she slowly nodded.  "Yes, it was.  I can spy on someone, be a sniper, fight someone...but I was never taught how to act on a date.  Least of all a date with a criminal mastermind."

Moriarty smirked.  "I guess it's a good thing I'm here to educate you then."

Hey guys!  How do you like it so far?

For those of you that are also Supernatural fans and read my other books, I have a question for you.  I'm thinking of starting another fanfic based on Gadreel and his decision to either stay loyal to Metatron or help the Winchesters.  So he is wandering the streets, thinking solely about the choice he must make.  And he meets this girl that is also going through a rough time and they talk for a while.  She advises him without asking for anything in return.  After he makes his decision, he decides to help her out since she helped him.  What do you think? (I know it's not much to go on)

I hope you guys are enjoying this story.  Thanks for reading!