Chapter 3

"Ariel you should def wear this!" Gianna tells me.

Gianna was able to convince me to come to come to the game. She said that if I came she would buy me 2 hot dogs and I'm not a big fan of hot dogs but it's food so hey count me in.

"I'm not wearing a friggin dress to a game Gianna."

She's insane it's like 54° outside and she suggest me to wear a dress!

"Whatever suit yourself"

I definitely will because Gianna has lost her shit. I pushed her out of the way and she giggled.

"Got it." I say smiling as I pull out the outfit I decided to wear to show to Gianna. A black long sleeved shirt with black leggings. Gianna starts to laugh.

"What's so funny" I say offended

"Nothing really it's just funny how you decided to wear an all black outfit like we're about to rob a bank or something" she continues to laugh.

"That's not funny" and walk into my bathroom that's in my room. As I'm getting ready I hear my bedroom door open.

"Ariel" oh no! It's my mom she's going to try and talk our ears off.

"Yes mom?" I say as I hear my bedroom door close again letting me know that my mom has walked into my room.

"Oh, Hey Gianna honey"

"Hi Mrs. Grey" Gianna says to my mom in a polite tone.

" I just wanted to check on my beautiful daughters"
My mom likes to think of Gianna as her daughter since we've been best friends for like 7 years. Gianna is basically family to us.

I step out of the bathroom and my mom's face lights up.

"Omg where are we going?"

"We? Your not coming mom" I laugh

" I know,I was just kidding. But where are you guys headed?"

" A baseball game" Gianna answers

" A baseball game?!Ariel hates baseball games."my mom says with such disbelief.

See! Everyone knows I hate baseball games yet my best friend was able to bribe me to come.

" You guys don't have to lie to me you know."

"No, she's serious mom. Gianna bribed for 2 hot dogs." I say seriously

My mom bursts out into laughter and she's laughing unctroalbly and it's starting to annoy the hell out of me. Why is she even here?! She's always trying to find out things about my life and I don't tell her anything because all she will do is call her friends and talk about me.

"What's so funny?" I say annoyed my patience wearing thin

"Oh, nothing honey just a dirty thought." She says wiping her tears

"Oh,MOM COME ON REALLY YOUR DISGUSTING!"

Gianna snorts. She thinks this is funny. This is embarrassing.
"I'm sorry honey you asked." She continues to laugh.

"Okay mom dirty thought time is over. What did you really come in here for?" I say with an edge in my tone.
She's always coming in my room when her presence is unwanted.

She finally stops laughing and answers me. "I don't know I just get lonely sometimes and I just wanted to be around some people since your dad isn't here. I'll just leave you guys now. Make sure your home by 12." She says and kisses my forehead and she finally leaves

"Thank you Jesus she has finally left. Now come on Gianna let's bounce.

......................

Me and Gianna finally get to the field and I realize how much lip gloss she has on. She has so much on that her lips look like a star. "G, why do you have on so much lip gloss?"

"Don't hate because my lip gloss is popping." She jokes

"Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing I'm hating on your lip gloss." I say sarcastically

"Omg El's you remember that song by Lil Mama, My lip gloss is popping my lip gloss is cool"
I join in "All the boys keep kicking they chase me after school."
...................

We're 15minutes into the game and I'm starving. Gianna still owes me my hot dogs and they could really save a life at the moment.

"G I need my hot dogs now"

"Ugh can't it wait El's Chase is batting next"

"I'm starving and I could die any moment and your worried about Chase batting. Give me the damn money. I can go on my own I don't need you to come with me." I say getting annoyed

"Here" she digs in her purse and gives me scraps of change.

"Bitch, the fuck am I supposed to do with this Gianna stop playing with my emotions you promised me 2 hotdogs! THIS is not even enough to get one hell it's not even enough to get a bag of chips." My feelings are hurt

She starts swinging her hand in shooing motions "shhhhhh he's about to bat." And her eyes are totally glued on Chase giving him her full attention

"Ugh" I stomp off to go see what I can get with 28 cents.