Chapter 3

I woke up with a knock at my door. It was Sky. Sky walked in and sat by me on the bed. She asked me if everything was okay. " NO! I lost a friend and a boyfriend all at the same time and for the same reason. And today was our anniversary!" I said bursting into tears again. Sky said "Emily, what happened? I came over to ask if you wanted to go to see the movie tonight and then I saw you like this!" It took me a while to respond. "Carson canceled our Anniversary dinner saying his family made plans then Sophie texted me saying she was sorry about our break up" "Whoa whoa, how did Sophie find out, she lives in Colombia" She interrupted. I replied in a hurry "Until I showed up at Carson's house and saw Sophie kissing Carson!" There was an awkward silence. Then my mom came up the stairs. "Hey, honey is everything alright?" Then I said "Oh, mom I did not know you were home. Does it look like I am okay?" She answered "No, sorry I asked!" "I am sorry mom, it is just I lost Sophie as a friend and Carson as a boyfriend at the same time and for the same reason." I explained.

    My mom was so shocked with what I had to say. She never said anything. She just walked out. Sky told asked " Do you want to go out for a movie?" I replied with " I don't know right now, I will let you know how I am feeling in an hour.

                       *****************************************************

An hour had past, and I had finally made my decision. "Sky?" She replied "Yes?" I said "I think we should go see The Boy tonight. It will get my mind off Carson." So I got ready and we got in the car and left. Sky called her mom to tell her that she was spending the night at my house. Sky and I arrived at the movie theaters. We took our seats. Then there was a very mysterious shadow behind us. We turned around and saw Carson and Sophie sitting right behind us. I tried to ignore them. However, how could I ignore the smacking of Sophie's white cheddar popcorn. I turned around and yelled " SHUT UP" Then the security guy came in and kicked all four of us out of the theaters.

As we walked out into the theater lobby, Sophie nudged me into the wall, and then pulled Carson right beside her and kissed him. She did that just to despite me. "You know, if we were true friends you would have told me you were back in town. Plus, you randomly texted me out of nowhere saying that me and Carson had broken up" I said but was rudely interrupted by Carson saying "Okay, we are sorry, and I had no clue that she told you that we broke up. I have only been seeing her for about a week or two." " A WEEK! You have been  down here for a two weeks and told me nothing?" I asked. Sophie response quickly "Okay, I admit I should have told you. I am sorry!" " Well sorry does not cut it this time!" I yelled walking out to the car. "You guys can go to prom together and everything I never wanna see you ever again! NEITHER OF YOU!"  Sky followed me out to the car. We got in the car and drove off. The car ride home was completely silent.

As soon as we got home, Sky got on the couch and fell asleep as I lay awake staring at the ceiling. I was just thinking about how life can be a pain, life would be so much easier if there was no such thing as love. Love is dreadful. Then fell asleep at the thought of Carson and Sky dating. That would be the reason of my death. My Suicidal death.