Chapter 8

Dear MacKenzie,

I know you called me recently but I just wanted to let ya know that we can't wait to see you. When you come down here I want to show you your bed room. I re did one of our guest rooms for you. I wasn't sure what color you liked but didn't want to ask other wise it wouldn't be a surprise. Its nothing pink or ruffly. I hate girly things. I hope school is going well. Hope to see you soon.

Love,

Aunt Bonnie

I smiled. I couldn't wait to see her and my cousin Ryler. I guess he's a year older than me.

Today had been the last day of school. Since last week the jocks had punched me in the stomach every day. Nothing to major. I have a new black eye but thats about it. My stomach is nasty looking. Every time i see it i want to cry.

Maybe when i go down to Florida I can wear shorts but after my bruising goes away and maybe i'll get my first tan even. Since I can remember i have been deathly pale. As much as I hate being pale I wouldn't want to be really dark like some of the girls that tan way to much.. they do go and tan at the hair solon though.

I was worried that when I got on the plane tomorrow morning that I would get sick. Some people do I guess. Now that school was done I was really releived. Until next fall I wouldn't have to worry about being beat up any more. I wanted to jump up and down with happiness.

I had just gotten home and now i was sitting upon the counter eating a ham and cheese sandwhich. I was starving. Lunch didn't really fill me up today. Sighing happily I wiped the crums of my shirt and pants onto the floor. I'll have to clean before i leave.

My bag was all packed for the plane and everything was in it besides my tooth brush and tooth paste..............I was ready.

Tomorow was a new day. Tomorrow was violence free. Tomorrow was so much more than I would ever know. Tomorrow I would leave abused and weak with a low self esteen, but I would come back stonger than ever. But I didn't know that.