chapter five

Once I got home I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower. I still couldn’t believe that I had invited him to my house, and I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke. My parent’s wouldn’t be home tell late tonight, and neither would my brother. During the week I’m always home alone until I go to bed, except on the days that I have ballet. Both of my parents work as lawyers for some big company and are out of town a lot. As for my brother, who the heck knows what he does. 

I sat in my room and literally watched the clock, waiting for five o’clock. Finally. The door bell rang. 

I rushed down the stairs and stopped in front of the door. I looked in the mirror that hung on the wall in the front entrance and quickly fixed my hair and pushed up my boobs. This was my moment! I opened the door.

“Hey, come on in,” I said. 

“So, what do you have planned for us today?” Trevor asked as he took off his shoes.

“Well, we could start by going downstairs, maybe watching a movie,” I said. Again I really didn’t think about what we would do once he actually came over. Okay that’s a lie I did think about doing stuff with him, but I was thinking about, you know… dirty stuff haha. Yeah. 

He shrugged and followed me to the basement. I do not know where my confidence came from earlier today, but it was completely gone now. My palms were sweating, my mouth was dry. Unfortunately, he seemed to notice.

“Am I making you nervous Hailey?” Trevor said with a little smile. When I nodded he moved a bit closer to me on the couch.

“How come? I mean I’m the one who should be nervous in the presence of someone so beautiful. Seriously Hailey I have wanted to talk to you for so long. Do you mind if I ask you some questions?” He said, moving closer again. I nodded, and he laughed.

“How long have you liked me for?” he asked. Oh dear. How should I play this? I could openly admit my stalker like obsession with him since ninth grade, or I could say something witty, like…

“Who said I like you? That’s a little cocky don’t you think?” I giggled. While I was looking at him  I thought I saw a hint of anger on his face, but it was there so quickly I must have imagined it. Why would that make him angry?

“Come on don’t play like that girl. I see the way you look at me,” Trevor said, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear, “the way you get nervous when I’m around. Or even how you wore that hot low cut top to get my attention today.”

Woah, was I really that easy to read? Now this was super embarrassing. But he must like that I’m like this, or he wouldn’t be here, or getting so close to me.

“Okay, so I’ve liked you for a while,” I admitted. I turned to look at him and his smile was back. 

“What is it that you like about me huh?” He said as he started stroking my arm with his finger tips. It sent a chill through my whole body. A very very good chill. It was so hard to concentrate I had almost forgotten he had asked me another question.

“Well what made me like you in the first place was when you stopped this group of kids from picking on Nathaniel Brown. I thought that was such a sweet brave thing to do. And of course your attractive and you’re a really great basketball player,” I started gushing as if I was just talking about him to someone, and not actually to him. I looked at him hoping he didn’t think I was weird. The last thing I wanted was to go to school tomorrow and find out he told everyone I was psycho in love with him. That would be bad.

“What else?” he said, clearly enjoying my gush.

“Not only are you a jock but your smart, and I think it’s really great that your on the environment committee. Your just, kinda perfect,” I finished. He didn’t say anything, he just looked at me and stroked my arm. I started to look away but he grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me. Trevor Donwell was kissing me! There was no interrupting beep or anything waking me up this time. This was actually happening!