Chapter 10- Assault and Battery

I know, I know! It's been a while. I am glad to be back and hope I get the opportunity to write a bunch :)

=============================================

Chapter 10

Darrel’s POV

It was only minutes until Lynnie fell asleep as I drove us toward her home. Her head bobbed to the side and small little stuttering snores filled the car, causing me to smile over at her. She really was a beauty. Her shiny, dark brown hair fell in waves across her face as she slept. The thin, wispy material of that dress she wore had ridden up on her lap as she slept leaving her skin on display nearly to the top of her thighs. A gentleman would wake her and let her fix it, or pull it down himself to protect her modesty. Good thing I never claim to be a gentleman, I thought to myself as my eyes devoured the creamy skin on showcase. Damn, what I wouldn’t give to have her underneath me, moaning my name as I cause her to fall apart from the seams. Adjusting myself and cursing my thoughts I reached over and pulled the confounded skirt down covering her skin that was causing me to lose all thought process that didn’t include her in intimate situations.

Never being in a serious relationship before I wasn’t sure if I wanted one now. Never had I even dated anyone as serious as this. I know she is a commitment kind of woman, but I cannot help but want to be with her. It’s like she pulls me in every time I see her face. Like now, she looks like an angel just sitting there sleeping in the passenger seat of my car. Taking another quick peek at her, I just get this feeling that she belongs right beside me and it scares the hell out of me.

It seemed like it took forever to get back to her house, but we finally made it. Shaking her shoulder, I tried to wake her but it was useless; she was out. Taking a chance that her keys were in her purse, I grabbed it and luckily they were and they were on the very top so I didn’t have to dig through it. Opening her door, I gently picked her up from the seat, while she didn’t wake fully she did wrap her arms around my neck. It was a little awkward to unlock her door with her still in my arms. With no need for direction from her, I took her to her bedroom. Laying her down on her bed, I couldn’t keep from being blown away with how beautiful she looks sleeping against the frilly blanket I had laid her on. Her chocolate hair lay in curls around her looking very much like a dark halo, her pale skin looked like fresh cream as it dipped into the top of her dress, and her long legs were bare. Shaking my head to clear the fog she always seems to put me in, I went to look for a first aid kit to tend to her feet.

As I had searched through the house, I noticed some pictures hanging on the hallway wall. It showed her, Ava and a tall, happy-looking man all laughing and it looked as if they were having some sort of water balloon fight and I recognized that it was taken in the front yard of this house. Carolyn looks incredible in it. Her hair is in a ponytail and she doesn’t have a drop of makeup on her face and the sadness that I have saw etched on her face since I met her is absent. Was it wrong for me to want to make her look that way again? After all I do enjoy being a bachelor; the parties, the women, and the freedom. Continuing on down to the kitchen I finally found the first aid kit.

A laugh escaped as I came back to her room to find her rolled up in the comforter on her bed but her cute little feet were still sticking out of it. Making my way to her, I gently held her left foot as I washed it with water. She mumbled a little in her sleep as he foot jerked a little; she must be ticklish I will have to remember that for future purposes. After I had washed her right foot I put triple antibiotic over every scrape and cut. I wince as I think about how sore that will be tomorrow and I sure hope she doesn’t have to work at her station job because that would be killer on her feet. Grabbing a little notepad I had saw on the refrigerator, I penned a note to her thanking her for tonight. Leaving her house I found to be a little difficult I just wanted to  bound to her room and slide under the covers with her while holding her as close as I could manage. Wow, that was almost poetic and very unlike me, I must be tired too. As I was leaving I made sure that her door was locked.