Catch UP.

MICKEY UP THERE😘 (2 yrs)
I looked up from my coffee to see Tyler's eyes staring back. Any normal person seeing him do that would think he was weird, but I knew better.

He did this way too often.

"Again?" I asked, annoyed. He didn't even respond. His eyes continued to go over my every facial feature, lingering with each glance.

"You're so out of my league," he whispered and looked back down at his coffee with a smile on his face.

Out of his league?

I couldn't help but laugh a bit at his terminology. I hadn't heard that since high school.

"I'm not out of your league, don't say that,"

He looked up at me and frowned, dropping the smile that was once on his face

"Yes you are," he argued.

"Oh yeah? How?"

He looked at me for a bit and didn't say anything. Then his mouth opened to say something, only he got quiet again. why was he being so weird?

"I-"

"Mommmmyyy!" Someone cried.

Turning around, I recognized the voice immediately. It was Mickey. He came running with his arms stretched out and a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey!" I greeted him as I picked him up and put him on my lap.

"How was grandmas house?" I asked him. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"I-it was.... DUCKIE! Donal Duckie was derr!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down at the thought.

"Donald Duck? Was at grandmas house?" I asked confused.

"He sure was," somebody called. I didn't even have to turn around to see who it was.

Janet.

The only person who talks like she knows everything in the entire world. God, this woman drives my crazy. It's been around 8 months since this joint custody went into affect and I still can't stand her.

"Donald Duck was at my house and he played with Mickey all day!" She said, eyeing him in my lap. He was too busy eating the rest of the cake I had to even notice.

She had on an all white suit and a white sun hat to match. She looked like she was honestly ready to be put in a coffin if you asked me. Id volunteer to be the burier at that funeral.

I put Mickey down and told Tyler to watch him. I stood and walked with Janet outside.

"Janet, you need to stop spoiling him. I'm raising a kid, not a brat," I told her for the 10th time.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Are you kidding me? You don't give the kid anything to do during the day. All he does is sit around and play with those metallic toy cars all OVER the house! He finally has someone else to play with and something else to do!" She argued with her hands on her hips.

I couldn't believe her.

"OH YEAH! Because that's what little boys do! They play with toy cars and roll around in mud and dribble balls and PLAY! The only other source of entertainment should come from the parent, not some hired sweaty man in a costume!"

"See that's the problem now! You need to let this child be independent. You baby him too much!"

I stepped back and looked at her sideways. She had to have lost her mind.