Destroying the Amulet

Here's another update just because :)

Thanks for reading!
-Hannah
*****************************
"So your room is actually next to mine, like the last time you came here." Terragon rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. I opened the door and took a deep breath in.

"Still looks the same." I looked around the room until I found the door. Terragon and I had a door that connected the two rooms together. When I first came here he would annoy me to no end. He would come in when I would lest expect it. "This door is still here."

Terragon snorted. "As if it would leave." He didn't look at me. "When you left, I would come in here sometimes." He smiled back at me and walked closer to me. He grabbed my wrist and kissed it, his eyes not leaving mine.

I stepped closer to him and was about to lean further when the door opened. With a quick motion, I stepped away from Terragon and now I was standing a few feet away from him.

Zarius looked at Terragon. "I would like to speak to Kava. Alone."

Terragon looked at me then nodded. "Alright." With one last look of reassurance from me, he closed the door and left us alone.

I had a coughing fit and sat down in a chair breathing heavily. My body trembled. I wiped my mouth with a cloth that I always carried with me. During my coughing fit, Zarius stopped pacing and watched me. It was then I noticed how different the two siblings looked. Zarius had gold hair and his skin was a light gold as well. While Zarius was the sun, Terragon was the moon.

"Why did you come back?"

My gaze snapped to Zarius. "Terragon wanted to leave me in hiding. But I wanted to know what was going on. I'm tired of running and hiding and it's time I actually help."

Zarius chuckled. "Are you sure that's it?" He stepped closer to me. His eyes met mine and I subconsciously leaned back. His eyes were so full of hate towards me. I knew he didn't like me, but I never imagine to this extent. "Are you sure you didn't come here to use our magic to cure yourself? Did you come to try and help Warren? You are the source for all of this trouble that has hit Thalidien. If you just stayed in Galeilth-"

"King Warren would have already had the amulet and the kingdoms would be in ruin." I clenched my fists. "I've already tried looking for a cure, but I haven't found one yet. I wouldn't steal your magic and I definitely wouldn't help Warren. I looked for this amulet for a year just so he wouldn't get to it. I left my home so that someone as evil as Warren wouldn't get his hands on this amulet." I poked him in the chest. "I'm doing you a favour Zarius and when your King, then you can banish me from this kingdom. But as for right now, just be happy that I haven't even thought of destroying this kingdom." I had stood up to yell at him but my legs trembled under me. I coughed some more and sat back down in the chair.

Zarius's gaze was unfaltering. "Are you saying that you might think about destroying Thalidien?"

I looked at him sourly. "Of course not. I only use this to protect myself from being seen by Warrens men." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "All of the different races that live here in Eswor are at peace for now. Thirir and Galeilth have probably joined forces. Enjoy this peace while it lasts Zarius." I coughed one last time and when I looked up, Zarius was gone.

~~~~

I leaned against the railing on the balcony outside. I looked up at a gryphon that had flown out of a forest quite way from here. I heard it screech then watched it as it descended. It probably found some prey.