My mate has cancer.....

im bored! and i wrote this i might upload the rest of the chapters just tell me what you think of it, if you dont like it ill stop writing its a short story :D!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat up in these stupid uncomfortable hospital beds and sighed, I can’t wait till I die and this gets over done with, the pain this all.

I coughed feeling a scratchy feeling in my neck. You’re probably wondering why she wants to die. I’ve got nothing to lose; no family that will truly realise me being gone I’ve never had any family only my mum’s best friend, and as if she’s going to miss me gravely if I die right?

This room is familiar to me, it’s more so my room than anyone else’s because I have lived in this room more times than I can remember. 

It’s covered in a bright white paint that hurts your eyes and if you look out the window there is nothing but the sun and sometimes rain.

On the side table next to my bed is a photo of my mom and I at a dance recital about 8 years ago and on the other side sits a bowl of grapes. 

What?

Everyone who is in hospital has grapes. There is no question about it. 

I played around with the food on the grey plastic tray in front of me. I’m not really sure what I am meant to be eating or why it looks like regurgitated broccoli, but I wasn’t really in an eating mood. 

A quiet knock at the door pulled me out of my train of thoughts and my eyes off the off of the green slosh. 

I looked up and saw my mums friend Anna I smiled she bought her son.

“How are you honey?” she asked.

“In pain” I said truthfully.

She looked at me sympathetically “Have they done today’s chemo yet?”

“No, not yet…” I said trying to brush it off, “is Jules here?” I asked.

Jules was her son he was so cute, what I liked about him was he was so naïve he didn’t treat me any different because I had cancer, he treated me normal like I was a normal girl I didn’t get treated with extra care around him, if something is wrong with my face he will tell me.

The truth is brutal. And I love it!

“Yes he's just outside parking the car with his dad, I bought my other sons to they came back from university the other day, and there dad didn’t want to keep them home they’ll throw a party” she rambled,

She’s worried.

“The doctor had a talk with me yesterday” I mumbled playing with the food again, she has a right to know I'm getting her worried its better of If I go at least she wont have to worry about me……right?

“w-what did he-” she began but was cut off when Jules ran into the room holding his teddy I grinned he jumped onto the bed and pulled me into a hug “I missed you.” He said.

“Hey baby I missed you to” I croaked.

I cleared my throat trying to make my voice sound human. “Your voice sounds like a zombie again” he said sitting in my lap.

See this is what I love, no getting treated differently because of my cancer.

“Stop being rude” I heard a big voice boom I looked up and saw Brad I smiled “how you doing Darling” he said.

“Good” I said my voice a whisper.

I saw his two sons walk in but I didn’t pay any attention to them instead I was looking at Jules who was staring at my chocolate pudding with a hungry look in is eyes I smiled “you want it?” I asked.