Saturday 4th July 2015

It's been yet another hot and sunny day; but today there was a stronger breeze that made the heat more bearable.

I spent this morning and part of the afternoon just sat at my desk trying to squeeze out some more words before I went out to the Southsea Market in Palmerston Road. A few times I logged onto my account on Youtube and watched a French musical of Dracula, called Dracula: L'Amour Plus Fort Que La Mort; "Love stronger than death". I found it very avant garde and some of the costumes were a bit much, but I absolutely loved the music and the choreography. My favourite songs so far were "1, 2, 3", "L'amour plus fort que la mort", and "En Transe...Ylvanie". I would definitely recommend anyone watching it, if only for the music.

When I finally did go to the market I immediately went and got something to eat for a late lunch. After I'd finished my burger went to Costa's to get a cold drink. After some deliberation I chose their Watermelon & Strawberry Fruit Cooler. It was nice, but the taste was somehow artificial. Maybe I should just stick to iced mochas.

I bought some Jerk sauce from a stall selling authentic Caribbean marinades and sauces. I'd tried the vendor's Jerk Chicken last time, and I absolutely loved it. Looking at recipes online and in cookbooks, I found that in addition to the dry Jerk marinade, they also put on a wet sauce. My guess is to make it extra spicy. That's probably why mine didn't seem right when I tried making it last week. It's just as well that I love spicy food.

I also went into Iceland and Sainsbury's Local to buy a few things for this week. I'll most likely need to buy some more vegetables later in the week, but I've plenty of foodstuffs to last me for most of the week.

On my way home, a pewter sports car drove by me. Why people who own flashy sports cars seem to think that it gives them license to drive like maniacs above the speed limit?

This afternoon I bought a new song to go into my Red String playlist, Sirens from the Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas soundtrack. It's perfect for a scene I'm trying to write, which involves an ocean theme park.

Mum called me at about 9:15 and reminded to fill in my applications for an internship that I'm interested in. Though she didn't have to since I was already writing a cover letter We hung up around 9:30, but not before she reminded me to home tomorrow. Why is it that mothers always feel the need to remind you to do things, even when you don't really need reminding?