Thursday 9th July 2015

It's been a bit of a more eventful day today than the last few days. So I think I have a bit more to write.

I applied for a couple of paid internships; I'll just have to wait and see. One was a Junior Reporter/Editorial Assistant Internship, and the other a Publishing & Editorial Trainee position. Both I feel would be of help to me as a writer to get to know the writing and publishing industries from the inside. There are a few others I have my eye on, but I'm unsure of my skillset, though my careers adviser has told that I need to put myself out there. It's a really daunting thought, though.

I've started redoing my LinkedIn profile to improve my employability, following some tips in an article I found on the internship company's LinkedIn page. There are so many articles online nowadays that you don't even need to buy a book on it when you can look at these self-help blogs for free. I've changed the background to a photo I took sometime in March or April and played around with using one of my photography apps on my phone. I really need to change my profile too. I wonder if my candid selfie of me drinking tea would be appropriate...

My online friend has been a been quiet over the last day or two. He probably busy, which I don't begrudge. He does work full time after all, unlike me who doesn't have a job at all and keeps procrastinating on the job search. We've been chatting a lot over the week, He has plans at the weekend, so I don't think we'll be meeting this weekend. Though we've been chatting for over a week now.

And it's my birthday tomorrow. I'm thinking of treating myself. Won't say anything just yet, as I'm not sure I'll actually do anything. I might not be able to drag myself out of bed, but then again I may.

Added 17:58

Mum called me this afternoon. To ask about what internships I've applied for or will be applying for. Sometimes it seems like the only things she wants to talk about are clothes she's bought for me from eBay, or my education and need of a job.

Had fish, chips and peas for dinner. Fried fish from the Chippy just down the street, oven chips, and boiled peas. Not all that nutritious, but very tasty.