Not Alone: Pt 1 (Ponyboy x Johnny)

Fourteen year old Ponyboy and sixteen year old Johnny sat in their favorite abandoned car at the junkyard. There was a silence between them in which they just stared at the sky. They watched as the clouds rolled by that Saturday afternoon and enjoyed the comfort of each other's presence.

Johnny stared at the sky but he didn't really see it. No, instead he was thinking of a way to tell Ponyboy about himself. Little did he know that Ponyboy was doing the same thing. Pony had a lot on his mind.

"Pony, I-I got to tell you something."

"Huh, what is it, Johnny Cakes?" Johnny, like always, blushed at his nickname that Pony gave him.

"Ummm...Well..." How was he supposed to say this. "I, umm, I love you, Pony."

Wide-eyed, Pony just looked at him. Oh no, did Johnny do something wrong? What if Pony didn't feel the same way? Or worse, what if Pony didn't accept him?

Pony grabbed Johnny by the chin and kissed him.

'Oh god, his lips are so soft. Just like I'd always imagine,' both boys thought to themselves.

Ponyboy broke it off saying, "I love you, too, Johnny Cakes."

The boys sat in the car for a little while longer, thinking about what had just happened, and in the little space between them, they held each other's hands.

As the sun started to merge with the horizon, the boys walked back home, a little closer than usual and their smiles gleamed almost as bright as the sun.

Johnny's smile faltered little when he heard the screams and yells from his house. He didn't want to go back home to that. Who knew what would happen? "Pony, can I stay at your place tonight?" As soon as Johnny saw Pony's blush, he realized what his words meant. Johnny just blushed at the thought.

"Sure, I know that Darry wouldn't mind. He thinks of you as family." The rest of the walk to the house was in silence but the boys didn't mind. They were happy that they have finally confessed to each other. Pony had been planning on telling Johnny that he loved him for a couple of months now. Johnny knew that he loved Pony after he had gotten beaten up by the Socs. Pony had always been there to nurse him back to health, protect him, or even stand up for him. They invaded each others dreams every night. But, now that their dream was coming true, they wondered how it would really be.

The only problem that could stand in their way at the moment was society. It was the 60's and nobody accepted people who was a homosexual. But, what did it matter? They were already outcasts. The real problem was if the gang would accept them. They were family to them and it would hurt if they didn't liked their relationship.

As they got to the front porch, they could hear the gang in the living room, watching TV. When they stepped in the house, everyone said 'hey', or 'hi'. They were too engrossed to what ever was on the screen.

Darry must have came home a little while ago because he was walking down the stairs, with his hair still damp from his shower. "Darry, Johnny is going to stay with us tonight, ok?"

"Ok. I'll have someone come and get you when dinner is done. It will be a while." Darry shuffled into the kitchen and started pulling out pots and pans for dinner.

"Ok. Johnny, Let's go upstairs." Pony grabbed him by the hand and dragged him upstairs to Pony's room.

Locking the door behind them, they sat on opposite sides the bed. Slowly, they inched towards one another and took each other hand once again. They stared into each other's eyes, leaning closer into each other. Their lips gently touched, before crashing into each other. They both wanted this, they both felt as if they needed this. They couldn't just live on fantasies forever. They needed something to hold on to, something to always remember.