Falling For You (Dallas x Johnny)

A Dallas x Johnny short story. Dedicated to @WazBag

Dallas knew the first day he saw Johnny that he was screwed.

Dallas realized two things in the moment he found the little kid. One: he wanted to murder those fucking Socs. Slowly. Two: something in his heart softened at the sight of Johnny. The bruised and blood reminded Dallas of a time he said he would never return to.

"Kid, stay awake. I got you. You're safe. Just stay awake." Dallas rushed the boy to the Curtis house.

The moment that kid was brought in the house, Dallas never left his side and the kid changed all of their lives, even his.

Years later.......

"Hey kid!" Johnny looked up from the TV. "Come with me. I want to show you some thing."

Johnny and Dallas drove to the middle of nowhere, and parked.

"Where are we?" Johnny asked.

"You'll see. We have to walk from here."

At the end of their journey, they reached a cliff sight with the sights of the town and the mountains. The sun was setting and little storm clouds were rolling it, but Dallas didn't think that it would rain anytime soon.

Johnny looked astonished. "It's so amazing."

"Yeah, but I know someone who is even more amazing," Dallas said, taking a cancer stick out of his mouth.

"Who?" Johnny looked at his taller friend. He looked golden in his light. Amazing.

"You, Johnny."

The sixteen year old was surprised. "Me? How -"

"Johnny, you've been through more than most kids. From the first day I saw you, beat up and bruised, I knew that you were something special. You didn't cry. You didn't whine. You never made a sound that day. Even when you were getting stitched up with no pain-killers, you never made a sound. Never flinched." Dallas shook his head, looking out at the sunset.

"Do you see the colors in the sky?"

"Yeah."

"They remind me of you. The red that infects the gold. The purple and blue hues that embraces most of the sky. And you? You are at the very center of it all. You are the sun. You are my sun."

"Dallas, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I can't live without you. You bring me back to the light when I'm on the verge of darkness. You light my world with your innocence. You save me from myself. I'm falling for you and every aspect of you."

"Dallas. I don't... I can't..." Johnny's words fell dead at his lips.

"Don't say anymore. Let me just take you home."

There he goes. Dallas had that stone cold look that he never gave to Johnny. And to be honest, he didn't feel safe with Dallas in that moment.

They both went back to the car. The drive was in silent fear. Dallas's driving was erratic. His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly until his knuckles turned white. His body was rigid. His cold feature were etched on his face. His eyes turned icy blue. The cancer stick burned brightly at the end of his lip.

The rain splattered against the car, adding to the dark atmosphere around them.

"Dallas, could you drive a little slower?"

"You're scared? You're scared?" Dallas said, disbelieving. "I can't fucking believe this. How the fuck do you think I felt when I told you how I felt?" Dallas yelled. "You, of all people, should know how hard it is to open up to people. Especially me!"