Leonardo X Reader Say Something

Ever since the turtles and Master Splinter had their last showdown with the Shredder, Leonardo had changed and not exactly for the better. He had become moody, distant, and less like the Leonardo he once was. When you were told about what happened during their last confrontation with their old nemesis, the very thought of losing them including Leonardo scared you the most, but thankfully they were all alright. Except for the fact that they had some broken bones and other injuries plus Leonardo lost a piece of his shell where Karai had stabbed him. Leonardo, however, blamed himself for not being able to save everyone when they needed him the most. Since then he's been training himself and his brothers pretty hard. Not to mention this was causing a huge strain on your relationship. You and Leonardo have been together for many months and at first everything was great until recently. It was like the romance disappeared along with the Leonardo you used to know. Master Splinter had been trying his best to get through to him as well, at some point he invited Usagi and his friend Gennosuke for a visit. Usagi had talked it out with the troubled terrapin but he barley managed to scratch the surface. You tried countless times to talk to him yourself but he would either deny it or just told you drop it. Eventually it was almost like you two were strangers. For a while you thought about what to do, in the end you decided it was probably best for you two to take a break until things worked out.

Today, you came into the lair to have a talk with Leonardo. You noticed the turtles had finished their training for the day a couple hours ago but Leonardo had been practicing with his katana since you arrived. You took in a deep breath and began to walk toward him. This was probably one of the hardest things you had to do in your entire life.

When you were a several feet away you spoke, "Leonardo, we need to talk."

"Later," Leonardo huffed as he took another swing with his sword.

"No, now," you said sternly.

Leonardo stopped and placed his sword back into his sheave, "What is it ______?"

"Leo," You paused, "I've been thinking about us lately, and I really think we should take a break."

Leonardo's eyes widened a bit, "What? Why?"

"You've haven't been acting like yourself lately, I mean, you've changed. What's wrong?"

"I've told you a hundred times nothing's wrong I'm just fine," he growled.

"You're not fooling anybody with that new attitude."

Leonardo glared at you slightly, "My attitude?"

As the argument began between you two went on, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo involuntarily listened in on the feud that was taking place. Even Master Splinter could hear it clear from his room. He had been in a deep meditation for a while but his concentration was soon lost to the sounds of you and his sons rising argument.

"Yeah, ever since you guys defeated the Shredder you've been so withdrawn into yourself you've become a different person," You paused and sighed, "Look I love you but, it's like I don't even know you anymore."

"I haven't changed, I've just been thinking about what I could have done at that moment."

"What could you have possibly done?! You can't change the past Leo and you need to stop worrying about what you could or couldn't have done differently."

"You weren't there! You don't even understand what it's like being a leader!"

"I may not be a leader but that doesn't mean I don't have any idea of what you go through every single time, but what I don't understand is why you keep doing this to yourself!"