Chapter 1

I took a deep breath, as I walked through the doors, just like that old overplayed Taylor Swift song. It was my first day of junior year in a new high school. Little did I know, it would be the most pivotal year of my life.

     It seemed like a normal school, a normal life, until I met them. I had found all my classes with ease. Opened my locker on the first try. Hadn't completely embarrassed myself. Hadn't gotten into anyone's way. Talked to a fellow classmates here and there. For me, that was good enough. It was better than my last school, where people laughed at the baby faced girl who was too afraid to speak up for herself.

     Until they showed up. I was walking into the cafeteria, a dark blue lunch tray in hand, with a slice of soggy pizza on it. I looked around for an empty table. There wasn't one. All of the dark green, circular tables were filled with unfriendly looking teens, all having intact groups that had been in place since elementary school.

     "Hey, new girl. Over here!" I heard a voice call out. I scanned the room, looking for the source of it. My eyes zeroed in on a table of four beautiful girls.

One waved me over again. I shrugged, looking around, finding no better options, then walking over.

"Take a seat," the waving one said. I did what she asked, rather awkwardly, keeping my eyes locked on the table. There's looked cleaner, somehow, than the others.

"I'm Patricia Leonard," she said. She had long, wavy, brown hair and dark brown eyes. Patricia was queen bee of the Good Girl Squad. Yes, even they referred to themselves as that. Everyone loved her, she was even dating the captain of the football team, Trent Connors. Her school uniform skirt looked way shorter on her, almost exposing the bottom of her butt cheeks. Beneath the supermodel good looks, she was unfriendly and fake, but this only appeared if you looked at her for too long.

 Beneath the supermodel good looks, she was unfriendly and fake, but this only appeared if you looked at her for too long

     "I'm Rebecca Black," the girl seated to her right said. She had light, blonde hair and brilliant, blue eyes. Rebecca was the sporty one. She played lacrosse and field hockey. She didn't work that hard, she didn't have to, she was naturally gifted. Her favorite catch phrase was 'I don't sweat, I sparkle.' Even when she ran and jumped, her hair didn't stop being perfect. It was annoying, to say the least.

 It was annoying, to say the least