Chapter 5

"Oh by the way, Ash, you're coming to our celibacy club meeting today after school," Patricia said, on Tuesday morning.

"Your celibacy club?" I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. Why would those girls be in a celibacy club? "Are you guys even virgins?"

Jasmine and Rebecca cracked up laughing. "Not even close. It's all about the image. We're The Good Girl Squad, so we act good. It doesn't mean that we are good," Rebecca said.

"None of you are virgins?"

"Nope. Lost mine when I was fifteen," Jasmine said.

"Fifteen too," Rebecca chimed.

"Fourteen," Grace said, braggingly.

"Thirteen," Patricia examined her nails, pretending that she wasn't so proud of the feat. She was always a one upper. Who did she have sex with at age thirteen? That's horrible.

      I tried to hide my grimace. "Oh. Well, I guess I'll see you after school then. I'm going to go the library, I, er, have a project to work on." I didn't actually have a project to work on, I just didn't want them to ask me if I lost mine. The answer would have been no, and I didn't think they would have taken that lightly.

"Yeah, I have a 'project' to work on in the janitors closet, with Blake Vass. Ciao," Jasmine said, waving before rushing off.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust and headed for the library. I plopped my stuff down in a beanbag and pulled out my binder, preparing to work on my math homework or something.

A familiar face dropped down next to me. Peering over my shoulder at what I was doing. "Math, really, Ashleigh?" Caesar asked, looking at me with disappointment. He was so close to me I could smell him. He smelled like leather. I liked it.

"Hey Caesar. What's up?"

"Just watching you work. You're smart, aren't you?" I nodded. "I'm more of an art guy, myself."

"Speaking of your art, you dropped this like a month ago, but I kept forgetting to give it back," I said, handing him his sketchbook. Wow, now that I thought about it, it had been a while since we met, over a month.

"Oh thanks, I almost gave up hope and bought a new one."

"Never give up hope, I'll always come through. You can count on me," I joked, punching his shoulder lightly. He laughed softly.

"I'll keep my faith in you, don't worry."

Then the bell rung, and we had to part ways. "I'll text you later," Caesar said, before kissing my cheek softly, then walking away, pushing his glasses back up his face, adorably.

"Okay, welcome to the year's first celibacy club meeting, girls. With homecoming fast approaching, only three weeks away, we need to prepare ourselves to stay sex free until we love someone and are married," Patricia said, clapping her hands together, a fake smile on her face, as she lied through her teeth.

The room was bursting with girls. It seemed like anyone wanted to be in a club with The Good Girl Squad in it.

"Oh my gosh! Ashleigh is right there! She's my favorite member!" A freshman girl squealed. I blushed at the girl's comment. I was now one of the celebrities.

"I like Jasmine. I really want to be one of them someday. Imagine how much fun we'd have," another one chorused.

"And they're such good influences. Even my parents love them!" I rolled my eyes. That was where the truth ended. There was nothing good about them, but every single person in the school, besides Caesar thought they were perfect. Even I did. Sure, I knew they did some bad things, but didn't all teenagers? I still admired them and was happy to be part of the group. How wrong I was.

The squad kept up the facade throughout the whole meeting, I even played along when asked. As soon as the last non squad member left, the girls slumped down in their chairs, and Patricia pulled out a bottle of wine.

"That was exhausting," Patricia complained, taking a swig of the bottle then passing it off to Rebecca.

"Don't I know it. I signed so many autographs my hand feels like it's going to fall off," Grace agreed, shaking out her wrist. Yes, a ton of people had asked for autographs. I had even signed several. People loved them, and now they loved me. I couldn't get enough of it.

Grace got passed the bottle and she took a large gulp, the handed it over to me. I even took a sip, before quickly giving it to Jasmine.

"We have something that needs to be addressed, even though we've already talked about it several times, apparently you're not getting it, Ashleigh," Patricia said, as if she was talking to a disobedient child.

She pulled out her phone and opened a picture, then passed it to me. The screen displayed a picture of Caesar and I by the lockers, talking with our faces bent close to each other. She scrolled and brought up the next one. It was of us on our date, holding hands as we walked along.

"How did you get these?" I whispered, dumbfounded. I felt like I had just gotten caught next to a broken window, and I was holding the baseball.

"I have eyes everywhere. Always remember that. Now, I thought we told you that Caesar was no good. No more Caesar, or else. Understand?"

"But why?"

"If I catch you two together anymore, bad things will happen."

"What's more important to you, the group, or the loser guy that will only end up hurting you. We're your best friends, remember? We only want what's best for you and the squad," Rebecca said, as if she cared.

I nodded. No more Caesar. It was for the best. These girls were my friends. I was part of a clique now, so I had to follow the rules.

"Now, homecoming is coming up and we have the perfect date for you. You'll love him. He's so hot," Jasmine said, rolling her eyes up like she was in heaven.

"Who is it?"

"Reed Bass. Isn't he so sexy girls?"

"Totally!" Grace chimed in, pulling her face out of the bottle of wine.

"Can't I pick my own date?"

They all laughed. "No way. Patricia picks all of our dates," Rebecca said, as if it was obvious. I nodded, pretending to understand. They had so many weird rules.