Chapter 2

"So, Angie, sleepover at my house tonight. Be there at eight," Patricia said, once again, getting my name wrong. It had been two weeks since we first met, but she still couldn't get my name right.

     "It's Ashleigh, but okay, sure."

     Rebecca smiled at Patricia, as if I had fallen perfectly into their scheme. I tilted one side of my lips up, in an uncomfortable grin.

     "Are we gonna have pillow fights? And make s'mores?" Grace asked, clapping her hands excitedly.

     "Grace, shut up. That's so cliche. You are still bringing the vodka, right, Jaz?" Patricia asked, glaring at Grace, before looking at Jasmine.

     "Of course, I swiped it last night from my parents' room!"

     "You're bringing alcohol?" I asked, lacing my eyebrows together in confusion.

     "Well, obviously," Rebecca said, rolling her eyes.

     "But I thought you guys didn't drink. You're The Good Girl Squad. You're supposed to be good girls. It's in the title."

     All four of them cracked up laughing, looking at each other, rolling their eyes, and flipping their perfect hair.

     "Oh, that was a good one, Ashleigh," Jasmine said, wiping her eyes.

     "Yeah, we're 'good girls,'" Grace said, giggling.

     The bell rang. "Anyways, see you later, girls, I have a government test," Patricia waved, then left the table, her flowery perfume being the only thing left of her.

     Soon I was alone, as Patricia never let me be alone with anyone but her, and hardly ever that. It was as if she was scared that they would let something slip. I wouldn't put it past Grace. She was an airhead, plain and simple.

While I was going to my next class, I bumped into some kid. Literally, he slammed into me, making me fall on my butt, in a completely ungraceful and unladylike manner. I cursed and tried to gather my things.

"I'm sorry! Are you okay?" A voice asked. I looked up to see a boy with chocolate brown eyes and wispy brown hair. He had a perfect, white grin and big glasses that he managed to look sexy in.

     "Oh, yes, I'm fine, thanks," I mumbled

"Oh, yes, I'm fine, thanks," I mumbled. He extended a hand to help me up, which I gratefully accepted.

"I don't think I've seen you around. I'm Caesar Hendrick."

"Ashleigh Burns."

     "Well, Ashleigh, pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I hope to see you around." He flashed me a smirk, then left.

     I looked down and realized that he had dropped a notebook when he bumped in to me. I picked it up and called out his name, but he was already lost in the post lunch crowd.