Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: Chapter 16

Kairi's pov

We changed into our human form after teleporting to Lake Hylia in our wolf forms.  I squinted at the large brick tower that was a distance away.  Before I changed into my human form I could smell a same unfamiliar scent that was in Telma's bar. I thought that could be Auru that Telma was talking about.  What we were told was he was checking out the Gerudo Desert according to Telma. Link and I walked to the tower, and climbed up the ladder meeting Auru at the top.  Once we got up there he was looking in the direction of the desert using binoculars.

"I thought it was about time for all of you to arrive..Master Link, Master Shadow, and Lady Kairi is it?" He asked.

I nodded in response to him.

"You two know Telma, don't you? I am Auru. I am part of the group that Telma kindly  allows to meet at her bar. I have heard about both your deeds from her. Now..You three being courageous youth..You have likely heard the strange events in the desert and have come to investigate, no?  Or am I mistaken?"

"We are actually." I responded.

"You do know, don't you, master Link, master Shadow and lady Kairi?"

"Know what?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

'Is he asking about the mirror? Does he know about it?'

"The Gerudo desert once held a prison built to hold the worst criminals this land has ever known...The criminals who were sentenced to death were sent directly  to the underworld  by a cursed mirror that was kept in the prison...Now that prison is condemned, and even the road leading to the desert is impassable. This desert at worlds end..It still holds the cursed mirror and the malice  of the doomed inmates...These old bones know that the evil currently plaguing hyrule is related to this wicked place. So I have come to learn the truth...Master Link , Master Shadow, and lady Kairi. I must ask..What will you three do now? Don't tell me you plan to enter the desert and confirm my suspicions with your own eyes?" Auru said.

We all nodded in response and he sighed.

"Ah is that so..Then let good old Auru help you all out..You see Lake Hylia below us?  A man named Fyer  runs an amusement ride of sorts there.  Give him this. "

Auru pulled out of his pocket a piece of paper, and handed it to Link.

"See, long ago,  I save this man Fyer's life, and now he cannot refuse me if I ask a favor. If  you leave the rest up to Fyer, all should go well." He finished.

We all got down off the ladder and headed to the colorful house that was used as a cannon by Fyer.  Link took out the paper and showed Fyer. He looked over it and sighed.

"From old Auru, huh..Ah well I guess I outta do what the old coot says...Oasis flight..right? So here you go, one of our secret options not available to the general public..This time's all paid for...so whaddaya say? You wanna go?" He said.

We looked at each other and nodded. We got in one at a time and got shot into the same direction. After I was shot I stood up and dusted myself off after getting covered in sand. The other two joined me in mere seconds. 

"Well lets get going." Shadow said.

"Wait.."

As I took my first step that was when Midna spoke up. I looked over at her. Once we turned around looking at her she looked away crossing her legs, and putting her hands behind her. I was confused by the posture she gave and pondered if she had something important to say to us.

"Before we go on, there's something I want you all to hear...Do you remember what the spirit said about the fused Shadows?  What do you think happened to those magic wielders who tried to rule the sacred realm? They were  banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the goddesses. It was another world entirely..the antithesis of Hyrule, where the sun shines bright. Its denizens  became shadows that count not mingle with the light. Eventually, most came to call it the Twilight Realm, and from it, none could return the world of light...They were forever doomed to live in the twilight, flitting in the half-light of dusk, mere shadows of Hyrule...This is the history of the Twili as it has been passed down from our ancestors...Do you understand what I am now? I'm a descendant of the tribe that was banished to the Twilight Realm!  It was a peaceful place..until Zant took control of the Twilight Realm and transformed all the Twili into shadow beasts.  It's clear to me now that he somehow gained a great evil power previously unknown to our tribe..In any case, I was sent from there, and could no longer get into the Twilight Realm without his power.  But there's another tale told by my people. Though the goddesses forbade us to return to the world of light, they left one link between the light and darkness. Something called the mirror of twilight was passed to the protectors of Hyrule... It's our only path to the Twilight Realm...and we must get there! You will all come with me..wont you?"