The legend of zelda: Twilight princess chapter 3

~Next day~

~Kairi's pov~

As I dreamt I felt a slight push on my shoulder that brought me back to reality.   A shining bright light pierced threw the darkness of my dream like a knife threw paper.

“Kairi, Kairi wake up, I’m going to work so stay here till I get back.”

I was barely able to open my eyes all the way because of the shining sun, but I caught a glimpse of blue eyes and brown hair before it left. I sat up, stretched, rubbed my eyes and let my eyes adjust to the morning. I stood up, popped my back and packed my stuff up into one corner and walked to the spring to sleep a little bit more.

~Link's pov~

I was sitting in the field of the ranch while the sheep were grazing, I was thinking about what hyrule castle was going to be like when it got there and if Kairi and Shadow would like to come along.   Although I wanted to know why she acted so cold to everyone she first met. I didn’t want to ask her about her personal life or anything that seems rude, so I think I’ll let her tell me when she wanted. While day dreaming more, Fado’s voice interrupted my thoughts.

“Hey! Link! So almost time for you to get going huh? So how about we finish up early today bud?”

 “Sure no problem.”

I turned around grabbed a piece of the horse shoe plant and blew into it calling for Epona. After Epona came, I jumped onto her and started to herd the goats.

~A few minutes later~

After getting all the goats herded, I made my way towards the village there I saw my child hood friend llia waiting for me by her house she called to her father and ran over to me. We talked as I rode Epona closer to her house and her father the mayor Bo came outside.

“Oh done herding for the day Link?”  He asked.

 I got off and fast walked over to him he put his arm around my shoulder, and talked about how I was to deliver the sword to the royal family then we heard Illia gasp.

“Wait....what’s this.” We both turned around to see llia inspecting Epona’s front right leg.

“What happened? She’s injured isn't she? I flinched, not knowing she was hurt, Illia got up and yelled

“Link how could you! You were pushing Epona too hard again!  “I bet you hurt her leg jumping fences again didn’t you!”  She shouted.

“Now, now Illia there’s no need to get so hot with him....”   Her father defended me.

 “FATHER! How could you be so easy on him? You’re the MAYOR! You should start acting like one!”

We put our heads down in defeat, after we didn’t hear any more yelling we both opened one eye looking at each other.

“It will be alright Epona! I’ll take you to the forest spring right now.”

Illia began leading Epona away with us watching.

“Once we soothe you in the springs, you’ll feel better in no time!”

Bo tried to run after, but stopped a few steps.

“W-Wait llia! Why without Epona...The gift won’t get delivered in time! Oh this won’t do...“.  He sighed.

We watched her take Epona out of the village, since I had a duty to fulfill I had to go get Epona back and explain to llia bout the injury, so I ran in the direction llia went.