Blood Mary & Ghost In The Mirror (Game)

Everybody knows the game Bloody Mary, or has at least heard of it..... There's many, many, many ways to play this hellish game.

Depending on what version you know, affects how you play. But they ALL have you do about the same thing, turn off the lights, chant the name of the spirit you're summoning, until you see it. I suggest you not play, unless you're willing to accept the consequences of doing so.

Something always doesn't happen, but when it does, I'm sure the person who is experiencing it, wishes that it they hadn't played the game. I can personally say, I'm one of those people......

---- Game Play-----

Step 1: Go into the bathroom alone at night. Turn off the lights, and lock the bathroom door.

Step 2: Turn on the faucet and stare into the mirror.

Step 3: Begin chanting "Bloody Mary" or if you have a ghost in you house, chant its name. For Ghost In The Mirror, chant "Any Ghost" three times or the name of a deceased family member. Stare into the mirror until you see her/him.

Step 4: Turn on the lights to end the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That may not be the original way or the most traditional form, but where I'm from, that's how I've been told to play. That's how I play Bloody Mary and Ghost In The Mirror. Ghost In The Mirror is the exact same thing as Bloody Mary, but you can summon other spirits rather than just Mary.
----------

Origin: It's not really known, the EXACT beginning to Bloody Mary, who she actually is and where she originated from. There is many, many, many people who have a different "Bloody Mary" Examples: Mary Worth, Mary I of England, Mary Queen of Scots, etc. With a lot of people claiming Bloody Mary to be several different females, and lack of recorded documents, it's unsure who actually is THE Bloody Mary. Also many people say Bloody Mary is commonly confused with the Mirror Witch....(More about her in later in her own chapter. Bloody Mary & Mirror Witch)

In the Bloody Mary Game & Ghost in the Mirror, you always play with the door closed and the lights off, chanting a spirit's name into a mirror. Either way, the Bloody Mary game and Ghost In The Mirror are quiet infamous. Some how, children and teenagers like playing this game. It's earned itself quiet a reputation of scary people shitless, or being regarded as a nothing more than folklore. Either way, most people aren't brave enough to even attempt it.

Ghost In The Mirror, isn't nearly as popular as Bloody Mary. Bloody Mary & Ghost In The Mirror is commonly played at sleep overs and most commonly done as a dare, for the game Truth or Dare, but should children really be playing with so surreal?....
------------------

In some versions of Bloody Mary, you have to play alone or you won't see her. In other versions, playing with group or other people is optional. According to most versions, the candle, the writing your name on the mirror, the locking the door, the running the faucet, is also optional. Even playing in the bathroom is optional. As long as you play in dark room with a mirror, in some versions, the game will work.

Also what you say and how many times you say it. In one version, you say Blood Mary three times. In other versions it ranges from 3 to 30. Apparently most commonly 13..... I don't know about you, but I've always thought it was 3. Anyway, what you chant to summon Bloody Mary is also different depending on the version of the game. "I believe in Mary Worth" "Hell Mary" "Kathy, come out!" or "Bloody Mary, I killed your baby!" Those are also chants and saying used to call Bloody Mary depending on the version you play.

Most people aren't brave enough to play Bloody Mary anyway. I've personally played it, alone, and have my own story to tell. I don't usually tell it, because is quiet disturbing and far-fetched. There most likely is a lot of other factors contributing to my afterwards experience after I played Bloody Mary.

It stops will you turn on the lights?

...Not always....

-----Consequences----
Sometimes you play the game and nothing happens. When you flick on the lights, the game ends.... Sometimes, you can't flick on the lights...... There is many supposed consequences to this game.

Blood Mary will appear in the mirror and rip your eyes out..... Bloody Mary, will trade places with you. She will trap you in her body and she will take over yours, making you turn into Bloody Mary...... She'll pull you into the mirror with her..... She'll follow you around until she drive you completely insane or decides to kill you..... She'll appear and have a conversation with you about the future, then you will go missing.... If you don't do the chant correctly apparently your reflection, will look angry in the mirror staring back at you.....

There's a lot of supposed consequences to this game.... I'm not saying Bloody Mary is real, but I played and I have my own story to tell.

---My Story---
It was late... About 12 a.m. and I was staying at a friend's house. He thought it would be funny to lock me in the bathroom, and make me play Bloody Mary in order for him to let me out. It was just us there, and I figured it wouldn't do anything....

I shut off the light and stood in front of the bathroom mirror. I took a deep breath and chanted, "Bloody Mary," three times..... I didn't see her....

She didn't appear in front of me in the mirror... My friend opened the door laughing and ushered me to come out... I walked away from the mirror and turned on the light. I felt like I saw something from the corner of my eyes.....

Later that night, at about 3 a.m., I decided to take a shower....in that same bathroom.... I kept feeling like something was following me... Like something was following my reflection out of the corner of my eye everyone I passed something that I could see myself in.

I saw the shadow of a person outside the shower curtain in the middle of my shower.... I was mad and yelled, "go away!" I thought it was my friend in the bathroom. The figure walked forward and placed it's hand on to the curtain trying to touch me. I was annoyed, I still thought it was my friend.

I opened the curtain slightly to see who it was........ Nobody was in the bathroom with me.... The door was locked and the room was empty.....
------------------------

After that happened, I was scared shitless. My friend's house is haunted. I don't know if it was Bloody Mary messing with me, or my friend's house's ghost messing with me, because it saw an opening to freak me the hell out. (I kinda have a sixth sense.)

A few days later, the feeling of being followed everywhere, subsided but.... It makes me wonder, could Bloody Mary be real?...... Is Bloody Mary more than just a game?.... Whatever freaked me out in the shower and followed me around for about a week definitely was more than I bargained for when I played.

So think about that before you play Bloody Mary. Am I over reacting or is Bloody Mary real?....

"Bloody Mary..."

"Bloody Mary...."

"Bloody Mary."

That's it for tonight loves. The story about me, yes, it was a personal experience. Believe me or not, I don't really care. Either way, let's think twice about playing Bloody Mary now...... ...Sweet Nightmares....