Chapter 5: off to snowdin

Amber greeted my family nicely. She didn't try to make a fuss after I explained who they were. She was just like frisk.

"SO TINY HUMAN, HOW DID YOU FALL DOWN?"
"well.. I tried to get away from my family, T-they were mean.."
"AW kid.."

The kid had obviously not had a great time up top. I guess she was glad to find such caring people around her. Just like frisk. It hurt my heart and soul how much this kid reminded me of frisk.

I asked toriel to heal Amber, she did. The kid could walk again, and she did. She ran. She ran down the stairs and I knew what would happen next. A fight between her and toriel. It was in toriels program, her script. So, I had to run down and stop it before it was too late.

"prove yourself"
"what?!"
*fight start
"what?! No no no!!"
*spare
"STOP.."
*spare
*1hp
"p-please.."

I leapt down just in Time, the kid almost dead. I helped her out of the way of Tori, I fought her fight for her. Ambers I mean.

"hey, Tori, look it's me, Sans.. You don't want to hurt me right?"
*spare
"..."
*spare
"why.."
*spare
"if you want to leave that badly, just go my child."

At those words, toriel retunred to her normal Self, she gasped as she saw the kid almost dead. She helped her up and healed her. Then gave her back to my keeping.

"Sans?"
"Yeah Amber?"
"t-thanks.. No-one has ever even been slightly as nice as you have.."
"AW no problem kiddo, your nice enough heh.."
*hug
"AW kiddo, c'mere"

The kid hugged me close, like they didn't want to let go. I was getting attached to her as I once did to frisk. I had to make it stop, but I don't think my heart could take anymore blows.

We walked out of the ruins, hand in hand. We got to the bit I once greeted frisk, then to all of papyrus's puzzles. I heard papyrus calling behind me.

"BROTHER, WAIT! I NEED TO RECALIBRATE THESE PUZZLES!"
"don't sweat it bro"

Papyrus attempted to fix his puzzles, but of course he didn't succeed. He never did. We just had to attempt them. First was the electricity maze, I did that one. Then the X&O puzzle, then the Gauntlett of mighty terror etc.

Once we reached snowdin, I checked amber into an inn. She asked where I was going.

"I'm going to grillbys"
"what's that?"
"food place, heh"
"can I come?"
"maybe later kiddo,you need some rest now okay?"
"o-okay. Night sansy- I mean Sans."

When she called me Sansy memories came flooding back. I had to get away before I started to cry. So I rushed to grillbys. Where I told grillby the story.
Before I could finish it however, the kid walked in.

"h-HEY kid! How'd ya know how to get here?"
"I guessed.."
"well, grab a seat I guess!"

She hopped up beside me and we talked for a while.

"what do you like to do amber?"
"I like to sing.."
"is that all?"
"yup... My parents didn't let me do anything else or I would be punished.."
"AW kid, that's awful!"

She pointed at a few scars, I felt my blood boil.

I had to protect this kid.
No matter what.