Chapter 8: The escape plan

As me and Amber stepped into the lab, I felt like I was being watched. Sure enough, as I looked up at the screen, a picture of me and Amber were there. Just like with frisk.

"So, Alphys.. The evacuation plan?"
"Y-yeah.. I got it right here in my notebook"
"Notebook?! You mean we don't even have a protection system or ANYTHING?!"
"We have mettaton..."
"Isn't he off doing shows?"
"W-well yes.."
"USELESS!"

I threw the notebook out of Alphys hands forcefully, then apologised and collected it again. I was so scared, I couldn't loose all my family again. I couldn't go through all the resets again. I couldn't do it. So, I grasped Ambers hand forcefully, causing her to yelp and me to apologise.

"Sans? What's going on.. What escape plan?"
"W-well kiddo, it's a long story.."
"I don't have anywhere to be.."
"*sigh* alright you asked for it.. It started long ago, when frisk was here with us.."

I told Amber all about the resets and how Chara killed us all, quite a few times. I told her about how she was coming back to possess Amber, and that she had to stay determined to not be taken over by the demon, to not listen to anything it says.

"W-woah.. Sans, I had no idea.."
"Yeah... Not good huh?"
"N-not good at all.."
"..."
"Sans!"
"Y-yeah kiddo?"
"If she is trying to possess me, why are you keeping me here? Why aren't you killing me?"

At that remark I pulled my hand away from hers and stared at her in disbelief. How could she think I would want to kill her? After all I had done to PROTECT her..

"Kiddo, why on earth would you think such a thing?!"
"Just.. Well.. Wouldn't it be easier..?"
"NO IT WOULD NOT!!"
"H-hey, sans.. I didn't mean to-"
"I HAVE TO PROTECT YOU.. FRISK.. SHE TOLD ME TO.."

As I yelled frisk at her for maybe the fifth time since she had fallen down, something within her soul stirred, as if she was hearing it properly for the first time. Her eyes grew wide and she flew into an outburst of rage, horror, and terror.

"WAIT A MINUTE.. FRISK?! SHE.. SHE CAME DOWN HERE? MUM AND DAD SAID SHE DIED.. I- SHE... FRISK WAS ALIVE THIS WHOLE TIME.. UNTIL SHE DIED A FEW YEARS AGO?! SHE HAD BEEN MISSING FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD.. I- SHE..."
"Hey, kiddo, calm down, your gonna pass out if you keep breathing like that!"

The kid was hyperventilating. I had to stop her so I held both her hands and kneeled in front of her face. She looked at me, tears spilling down her cheeks, and hugged me. Another soft teary hug. I was getting used to them.

"Sans! I think I have an idea!"

Alphys yelled at us, scaring us both half to death. We walked over and she had some robot blue prints on her desk. It read "human hunting robots" I looked at her solemnly before she realised her mistake. It would KILL Amber, not just Chara. It wouldn't even kill Chara, Chara was a demon. Not a human nor a monster.

"*sigh* Alphys, just... Just get an evacuation program instead. No robots. I will be the protection"
"b-but Sans.. That k-kid could k-k-kill you!!"
"Then so be it, I've had a great Life, this kid and everyone else deserves to survive okay?"
"b-but Sans.."
"no buts. Go and get something ready, a place they can all be safe when the time comes. It seems like it will be coming soon. We have to go, get working alphys. Don't you Dare mess up, or you'll have me to deal with"

I felt my eye engnite blue for a split second, before I shook my head and said to Amber we had to leave. I teleported us back to toriels house.

"What have you got to remember Amber?"
"D-don't speak to yellow flowers or anyone that looks like me yell if they try to possess me"
"good. Right kiddo, what do you want to do now.."
"i-i'm kinda hungry.."
"grillbys it is then, let's go"

I held her hand and we teleported to grillbys. This teleportation made me pass out for a few seconds, startling the poor kid. "note to self, stop teleporting so much" I thought as I helped the kid up onto the bar stool.

Suddenly, she looked pained. And then she yelled the words I hoped would never come out of her mouth

"ahh! Chara?! Is that you? N-no.. I can't speak to you.. Sans said not to!"

I leapt up and picked Amber up all at the same time, I told her to not listen, to ignore her. She tried her hardest, then, she passed out. She wouldn't wake up for ages. I had to run back to toriels house and tell toriel what had happened. She called alphys and tried to get everyone to go to her before it was too late.

The real battle had begun.
I had to protect this kid.
No matter what.
-
Heh. That took a turn huh? :p well, I am currently writing the next chapter of this and let me say it gets pretty.. Weird? You will have to wait and find out :p anyways, stay Determined lovely's!
~S :)