Chapter 9: this cannot be possible..

I felt myself get woozy and fall over. I awoke in toriels house, papyrus was worriedly calling my name. I sat up and rubbed my head. I felt someone launch themselves at me.

"ahh Amber, it's okay"
"Who's Amber..?"

I looked down and to my complete surprise frisk was staring up at me, I didn't know what to say or do, I just hugged her and started crying. She looked confused and worried.

"kid... Oh my God.. Heh.. I don't even know what to say.."
"sansy, are you.. Alright? You just kinda passed out, for about a week.."
"I was out for a week huh? Well, that was a pretty intense dream then.."
"who is this amber girl you were talking about?"
"W-well.. I don't know.. I.."

I couldn't exactly tell them I had a dream where frisk had died and chara was back. I stood up and looked around, we were in frisk's room. it was covered in her posters and smelled so much like her. It made me smile. I had to be dreaming.

"YOU ARE AWAKE BROTHER! FRISK WAS GETTING WORRIED YOU WOULD NEVER WAKE UP! BUT I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, KNEW YOU WOULD, AND I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!"

I wasn't thinking straight, I had to get up, to actually check everything was real. I got up and walked towards frisk, I took her hand in mine and looked into her eyes and smiled. She was back, had I fixed it? I then looked at myself in the mirror, I looked really bad. I splashed my face with cold water to wake myself up a bit. Suddenly, I heard screaming. I rushed out to see frisk, she was yelling something I couldn't quite hear.

"N-no! They have Amber?! Is she okay? N-no!! Don't show me that! I don't want to see her di- AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

She was screaming and crying uncontrollably. Something had happened, something bad. Why was I here with frisk? When I should be with Amber... Had.. No, God please no...

Had the timelines been mixed?

I ran to comfort frisk. She clung onto me, sobbing into my hoodie, and saying "Amber no" over and over again, suddenly, papyrus head fell off onto the ground, I started to scream, I ran over to him. He opened his eyes and said the words I was not expecting

"NYEH HEH HEH! WELL, THIS IS A DILEMA, NOTHING I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS CANNOT SOLVE!"

I picked up his head and gave it to him, he held it tight and thanked me. I had to get back to the other timeline, bad things were happening.. I had to get to them, to save them before it was too late.. I had to cross timelines. And the only way I could do that, was with Gasters help.

I called upon him, many times, hoping he would appear. And he did. Right in front of me, he looked dazed. I clicked a few times in front of his face before he snapped back to reality.

"What do you want.."
"I need to cross timelines.."
"WHAT?! Don't be STUPID! You could be killed"
"Then so be it, I need to save my family. no matter what happens to me I will be there and I WILL save them Gaster, okay? Will you help me or will I have to just kill myself, stop everything?"
"*sighing* sans..."
"Well?"
"F-fine... Say goodbye to everyone, you will either die, or never see frisk ever again"

The words tore my heart apart. Never see frisk again? Or die. Those were the options. And of course I had to save everyone, so I chose to never see frisk again..

"F-frisk.. I'm so sorry.. I have to go.. Please oh god forgive me for this.. I love you more than anything, I need to save everyone before it's too late.."
"S-sans? I love you too, what are you going to do...?"
"I- I need to go save everyone okay kiddo? I will NEVER see you again.. I- I am so sorry.l"
"S-sans?!"

I hugged her close, feeling tears stream down my cheeks. This was it. The final hug. The final goodbye. And then, I stepped close to Gaster. Grabbing onto his arm, and I closed my eyes.

I had to save my family, and my friends.
I just had to, I couldn't fail anyone.
I couldn't give up.
No matter what.
-
Surprise! This was a weird chapter huh? Gaster is now a part of the story, I kind of changed the plot a little bit sorry! If you don't like this chapter, let me know and I will change it back to the original chapter I have written, I thought a twist might make it.. More interesting? I don't know haha, if you like it let me know.
Stay determined lovely's!
~S :)