Chapter 3: Amber

Once the kid had stated her name, I offered my hand to help her stand. She attempted, yelped and almost fell right back down. I managed to catch her before she hit the ground.

"Woah kiddo, you alright?"
"M-my leg..."

She pointed to her left leg, it was bruised and looked broken. So, I asked permission to carry her. She looked very wary, but she nodded in agreement. So, I picked her up gently, carrying like I once carried frisk.

"So, Amber right?"
"Mm hmm"
"How old are are you?"
"Thirteen"
"Ah I have a teenager in my hands.. Literally!"

She started to giggle. She looked up at me, she had hazel eyes and short brown hair that hung over her shoulders. She had a cute pixie nose and some freckles. "just like frisk" I thought, before I turned my head away and sighed.

"Erm.. I don't know your name.."
"Oh me? I'm Sans.. Sans the skeleton"
"way to state the obvious"

I chuckled a little at her sarcasm. She looked around her as I carried her through the ruins, she saw other monsters on the way, and started shaking even more for each one she saw. By the end of the first room she was shivering so much she was vibrating in my arms.

"AW kiddo, it's alright! We are friendly monsters, all of us, I promise okay? No matter what, I will protect you"

With that she looked at me, smiled and then yawned. She started to fall asleep in my arms, by the next room she was snoring.

As I looked down at her, I heard a voice in my head whisper

"Protect her, no matter what"

And i decided I will.
Because that whisper was in frisk's voice.