That Kind of Love

FLASHBACK

LOUIE'S POV: 

"Congratulations!" I gave Michael some KFC at the bleachers. He got accepted as one of the new varsity players of the university's basketball team.  

"Uy!" he sat beside me and placed an arm around my shoulder. 

"Thanks ah, kung hindi mo ako pinilit, hindi ko na sana nakuha itong scholarship para sa basketball eh." (If you hadn't pushed me to join, I wouldn't have had this scholarship for  playing basketball.)

"Aw, anything for you, and besides, you had high grades when you were in high school so you were already a perfect candidate for a scholarship." I nudged him with my shoulder.

He smiled and nodded. "But you applied for me for that scholarship and you even gave me a good word to your Uncle, which is the Vice President for student affairs, so thanks a lot Louie. I appreciate everything you have done for me. It means a lot because now, I can pay less tuition."

I blushed. "Stop it, it's too early for flattery and besides, I don't look good in red."

"But you're so cute when you blush." he wiggled his eyebrows and I noticed the sweat that was forming in his forehead. He just finished practicing.

"Look at you, you're sweating like a pig. Aish." I grabbed his small towel and wiped his forehead as he just stared at me.

"What?"

He shook his head and hugged one of his knees. "Maalaga ka kasi." (It's because you're so caring.)

"Of course, You're speaking to the future top notcher for nurses." 

"And a future mommy." 

I always fell from my seat. "What makes you think I'll be a mom?" I sounded so in denial but I took that as a complement.

He thought about it first before ruffling his hair that was bouncy and smelled like soap, the fresh kind of scent.

"Hmmm... you're good at baking, you dress real nice and you scold me like my mom. Yeah, you're really a mom."

"Thank you, thank you and I do not scold people! I am just uniquely honest!"

"Yeah..." he sounded so hesitant but I can tell he disagrees as he looked at me in the eye with doubt.

I rolled my eyes. "Che, ewan ko sa iyo." (Whatever.)

"And matampuhin ka." (You get easily annoyed / drama queen) 

"It's because you are so..." I can't think of anything bad about his personality. For some reason, my heart is just filtering all the nasty bits and leaving out all his goodness. His like a saint to me.

"...so what?" He held my hand and massaged it a bit. He does that when he's waiting. The malicious little...

"Now I know! Mahilig kang manangching" (You're fond of maliciously touching people!)

He gasped and laughed so hard that it echoed throughout the gym.

"No I'm not." he held my waist on my right side and pulled me closer to him.

My heart was beating fast. "Yes you are!" I blurted out and squealed when his face was inching close to mines.

He laughed. "Just kidding. But you're easy to fool and I'm worried that the Salisi gang might get you." (Salisi gang is a notorious gang in the Philippines that is adept in deception and hypnotism.)