Q2 | The Meeting

"Thank you so much, Akabane. For willing to escorting me back to the main building." Rena smiled.

"Yep, it's no big deal. It'll also be my apology for throwing the ball suddenly to you, anyway." Karma replied, looking forward to where their walking with his hands on his pockets.

"You have a good accuracy at throwing, I should say." Rena complimented, "In basketball, you probably on par with the generation of miracles, you know that."

"Generation of Miracles..?" The red head asked, tilted his head to Rena.

She grinned proudly, "Sou desu [1], a bunch of basketball prodigies that goes to the same school, that happens to be Teiko Middle School."

(A/N. Sou desu in Japanese means "Yes." or more like "That's correct." or "That's right.")

"Hee, is that so?" Karma smirked.

"Of course."

Silent take over the atmosphere as their footsteps were heard. They walk side by side with comfortable aura around them, Karma decided to break the silent with a grin.

"Ne, Shiro-chan, do you like playing basketball?"

"I do. Why did you asked?"

"You clenched your fist everytime you mentioned basketball, and why is that?" Karma looked up to the sky, avoiding Rena's look.

She keep on staring at the male that she has just recently met, and silent her mouth for a while.

It was nothing important, seriously.

She did it not because there was dark past hiding behind her basketball history. Not because there's something wrong that makes her regrets playing basketball. It was neither of them.

"I can't believe you actually noticed that." Rena chuckled.

"And for your question, it's just that when I mentioned basketball, I always remember the feeling of receiving the basketball and ran towards the hoop while dribbling. It gives off the feelings of guiltiness, makes it even more lighter to shot the ball to the hoop."

"You should play against me one day, Akabane. Then I'll show you the sensation I'm talking about!" Rena pumped her fist through the air with sparkles around her. Watching this, Karma laughed furiously.

"Wh- Wh- Why are you laughing?"

"Hahahahah- No. Suddenly, you become so childish." Karma smirked, "That's cute."

Rena slightly blushed but quickly regained her composure back.

"Ah! We're here. Thank you for the walk, Shiro-chan!" Karma ran back to the old building as the bell of the main bulding rings automatically.

Being a respectful woman, she waves her hand to him and walk back to the building. Even though people keeps staring at her, slightly interested.

Rena was about to walk inside the building until Karma called for her name.

"Shiro-chan."

She rotates her body slowly and look at the red head tenderly,

"We are going to hang out after school today, would you mind joining?" Karma smirked, he breaks the space between their face and whispers to her ears, "You're interested about our sensei, aren't you?"

They went silent for a while until Rena steps away from him.
"I have basketball practice after school. I'm afraid I can't join you guys later on." Rena replied quickly, creating space again between them.