Chapter 2 : Seating Chart

Selena's POV

Justin strides his way to my desk with that confident swagger that every pop star has. He glides into the seat right next to me so smoothly that it seemed like he practiced that for hours. He greets me friendly but I don't return the gesture, I just grumble in response. He smells like cologne and a hint of sweet flowers that could drive any women's hormones wild. We work together in the labs but don't talk much... I think he can sense that I'm not a fan...

Justin's POV

I sit next to the girl with silky hair, that would slide through your fingers like butter. I greet her with a friendly "hey" but she just grumbles in response. I don't think she likes me. I try to make small talk but she just answer with a "yes," or "hmm."
Once the bell rings she rushes out of the room, but trips and her stuff goes tumbling to the floor. Immediately I rush down to help her.

Selena's POV

Once the bell rings I hurry out of the classroom, only to trip over myself. My notebooks and papers fly everywhere. Instantly Justin comes rushing down to help me. I quickly grab as much as I can, so I don't have to talk to him. He starts grabbing my papers.

"I've got it," I say.

"Let me help," he answers politely.

My blood boils.

"I want to," he adds.

I explode.

"What, just because you're a pop sensation you think that you get special treatment?"

He answers me with a puzzled expression.

"Come on, I saw you whisper to the teacher."

He answers me calmly but I can see the confusion and frustration glimmer in his eyes.

"I was asking the teacher if I could sit somewhere in the back, so people don't bother me."

He gets angry.

"You think I want to be treated differently? You think I like being famous?"

He sets my papers down on the floor and storms out of the room.