Chapter 17

Chapter 17

 I placed my hands over my mouth trying to restrain a scream but Sora was there immediately and caught her, Yuna's face went red and I dropped my hands, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Yuna are you okay?" Sora asked, choosing not to set her down.

"Fine." Yuna replied as she slipped out of his arms and pushed him away, he looked at her with worry and I clasped my hands in front of my chest.

"Are you sure? 'cause I think it's a bit dangerous for a girl to climb up there." Sora said. I felt my eyes widen, Yuna hated it when people said stuff like that about girls and she usually hit them or yelled at them.

"What? You think girls are too weak to climb up?" Yuna asked.

"I-I didn't say that at all." Sora assured Yuna, waving his hands around attempting to assure her he didn't mean anything by it.

"Maybe you should just mind your own business." Yuna muttered before she climbed back up, this time she reached the top and I gave Sora an apologetic look. Yuna began removing the wooden boards one by one and eventually she had demolished the entire platform when she got down from the tree house she finished off the last few boards and then threw them in a corner. "Now who was the genius who forgot to bring a ladder?" Yuna asked, Eri blushed from embarrassment and looked down.

"Uh me..." she replied, I had forgotten I told her to bring the ladder as well.

"Go and get it." Yuna ordered.

"Uh, yeah sure." Eri replied, flicking her hair over her shoulder and then hurrying out of the forest. Yuna decided to stay as far away from Sora as she could but he wouldn't let her, Sora walked over to her and sat beside I looked over at them from behind Kai and Haruki intently and watched as they spoke.

"Um, Miyuki?" Kai asked waving his arms in front of my face.

"What are they saying?" I asked.

"He's just apologising what's the big deal?" Haruki questioned.

"Nothing..." I muttered and then Eri approached us, struggling to hold up the ladder, Sora helped her and I watched as Yuna let out a sigh and then got to her feet. I rushed over to her to see what was going on.

"Miyuki I have a problem." Yuna stated.

"What problem?" I asked.

"I wanna tell him but I can't." Yuna replied.

"Girls are we starting?" Sora called after us.

"Yeah!" I called in reply as I rushed over to him almost tripping over some wood but Kai caught my elbow and steadied me I smiled at him in a silent thank you. Yuna approached us carefully she must have noticed I had almost fallen over and didn't wanna fall over herself.

"Me and Miyuki will start on the plat form." Kai stated.

"Why can't I start on the platform with Miyuki?" Haruki asked. Kai just glared at him and Haruki folded his arms over his chest with annoyance.

"I'll hold the ladder for you while you climb up alright?" Kai said. I nodded. "Be careful though, you could fall if you're not." Kai added.

"Okay." I replied with another nod and began climbing up the ladder. Soon enough I reached the top and carefully balanced on the platform frame, using the tree for support, Kai climbed up after me and looked over at me to make sure I was okay. I gave him a reassuring smile and lowered myself down carefully placing myself in a sitting position with both legs one either side of the plank. I wobbled a bit and Kai quickly steadied me by placing a hand on my shoulder.