Chapter 19

*Tajwar Pov*

"What?" I asked when she just stared at me and didn't stop doing it from the moment I stepped inside the room, and now I even got freshen up.

"Nothing! I will go downstairs." she replied, frowning and moved to reach the door, but I stopped holding her hand.

"What did I tell you about lying?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Do you hate lying that much? You always use the same sentence." she asked back, to which I nodded, accepting that I really hate the lying part.

"We will talk later. Now, I have to go and arrange the dining table." she mumbled smiling and tried to get her hand released from my grip.

"Do you have to do all that? I am feeling hungry now." I said, frowning to which she chuckled before staring at me with a serious look.

"Why don't you come downstairs and have the food with all of them?" I released her hand as usual hearing the same question, and I am giving her same reaction but she is not at all getting tired of this.

After a half an hour she returned with our food and sat before me while I moved away the files so that she can place the tray on the coffee table.

I can observe her staring at me for every few minutes and opening her mouth but again closing it. I questioned her again, but she again replied there is nothing.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked after returning from downstairs taking away the empty dishes.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting on the bed.

"I never asked for anything from you." she started saying and I immediately coughed at her words.

"Ok! I never asked for anything from you for my sake." She repeated changing the sentence a little bit, and I nodded accepting it.

"Will you do something for me?" she slowly asked making me frown.

"Do I have to write the cheque?" I asked back to which she frowned.

"Cheque?" she asked, frowning more.

"You want to shop for something right and asking for money. I am asking you, whether I need to give it in liquid cash or cheque form." I explained.

"You still think I am in this marriage for money?" she asked with a pained voice before moving away to get down from the bed, but I stopped holding her hand.

Why does she always run away like this, and I just have to hold her whenever she does that? I thought to myself frowning.

"I didn't say that now, Mridula. It is not a bad thing to shop and that too using my money." I said in a normal voice after which she slowly turned around before rubbing her eyes.

"You have to do something for me." she mumbled pleading a little.

"What is it? Tell me about it and I will think whether I can do it or not." I said, shrugging and she fidgeted with her hands while shaking her head.

"Ok! I will do it for sure." I added and she immediately sighed in relief.

"Aahil got the party ticket, and they are going to have a party for tomorrow evening. Can you attend it?" her question made me still at my place, and I slowly released her hand, before moving away from her.

However, she suddenly held my hand between hers before I could move completely and started babbling " Please Tajwar! You can stay for as much time as you want, but just attend it. Your brother will feel more than happy, and it will reduce so much difference, and everyone else will also be happy."