Chapter 43

*Mridula Pov*

When the car stopped, I looked through the window mirror to only frown at it. I turned towards the driver and saw him grinning at me.

"Whose house is this?" I asked him frowning.

"Yours!" he said smiling more before getting down from the car and opened my door.

I got down and looked around to see everything is changed and there is not a single clue that proves that this is my parent's house.

He took my bag and rang the bell of the house. When did my parents' house start having a bell? I thought, frowning and suddenly felt uncomfortable.

I turned around to walk away, but the sound of the door opening stopped me. I stilled in my place not knowing what to even do.

"Did Premila came for a visit this late?" I heard a lady's voice asking the driver.

"No! She sent someone to visit." He said in a happy voice.

"Who? She didn't call... Mridula?" she suddenly said and I slowly turned around to only take a step back feeling all this as a dream.

"Mridula! Oh god! Mridula! Our daughter is here, Hari. Our daughter is here." She shouted and suddenly a man walked near to the door in confusion only to see his expressions change like the lady.

"Mridula!" he said so affectionately that I felt something struck near my throat not making me able to say a word.

"She will be staying here, and you can talk as long as you want, but at least let her come inside." Driver said and they slowly nodded without glancing away.

"I always came to visit here along with Premila madam. Your parents are really kind and made me close to them." He added to me, and I gave him a small nod without turning away from them.

When I slowly stepped inside, they immediately pulled me into their hug while I still stood with a stilled posture. They removed me from the hug before caressing my face with tears falling from their faces.

I stepped back from them saying, "I shouldn't be here! I shouldn't be here!"

"Mridula! What happened, dear?" they asked, but I felt everything closing around me, and I held the door for support before covering my face.

"Mom! Dad!" I slowly whispered after staying like that for a few minutes pushing away their words and everything.

"Mom! Dad!" I mumbled again before removing my hands to see both kneeling before me.

"Mom! Dad!" I called them again, crying and suddenly hugged them repeating the words continuously.

I don't know for how long we sat there, but I slowly moved my head, and Mom immediately started brushing my tears away.

"We are so sorry, Mridula. I know it is too late, but we couldn't be able to give any good things to you." Mom said and started crying.

"We think everyday how useless we are to not even able to take proper care of our daughter. We didn't want to hurt you." Dad said and I nodded crying, holding their hands to my cheeks.

When we three calmed down from crying and looked around to see my bag near the door, but there is no sign of the driver.

"He must be in the room we have for him to the side of this house." Mom explained understanding my confusion.

"We have so much to talk, but for now take some rest. You must be weary from traveling. Did you eat anything?" Mom asked when we stood up.

"Why are you asking her? Go and prepare something. She may not cook some tasty dishes like you, but she is developing." Dad said smiling at me.