Two

I place my cap on my head and look in the mirror. Finally graduation day. My navy blue gown hangs loosely down my body, covering everything I don't like about myself. I'm happy in this, this is all my parents wanted for me, and I want for myself. I'm graduating high school a year early, which makes me 17. One year later then Graycen did, he's been my best friend since 6th grade, when I first transferred here. He's a year older then me and graduated with his scheduled class. He was a popular, good looking kid who for some reason decided to let me hang around. He's never told me why, but I thank him often.

He's sitting front row with my little sister, he's attached to her. Treats her like his own sister, very protective of her, and me I guess. The speaker comes on and the principle announces that the ceremony will begin. My new class walks out onto stage brightly lit with blue and gold. We stand on the stage in alphabetical order by last name as the principal gives his speech thanking everyone for coming to support.

The bright spotlight blind us and the audience claps. I make eye contact with Graycen, and he flashed his beautiful smile and I smile right back. The principal starts calling out names and that's when I start to get really nervous, butterflies erupt in my stomach. People cheer and clap after each person received their diplomas. My turn came around and I CAREFULLY make way across the stage, I didn't want to make a fool of myself and fall on my face in front of everyone.

I shake my teachers hands and the principle is last, he hands me my diploma, gives me a quick hug and says good luck. I walk down the steps and go sit next to Gracyen. He wraps his arms around me and tells me my parents would be so proud. My little sister runs up to me gives me a hug and then she sits back in her seat till the end of the ceremony.

After the ceremony everyone piles out the hall all at once so the three of us hang back and wait till they are all gone. When I'm waving back at the principal saying bye I hear my sister shriek. I quickly turn around in a panic and sigh of relief when I see Graycen is tickling her on the ground. I run up to them and tell them to be quiet and that we should go home. Graycen picks Abby up and gives her a piggy back ride to the car. He's driving and I'm taking of my heels and putting on a pair of converse in the passenger seat. "Thanks for watching her during the ceremony, I appreciate it a lot." He shakes his head "Any time, I was happy to do it. You looked great by the way, figured you should know that." "Thanks" I turn up the radio and roll down the window taking my hair out of the pony tail and putting my cap in my bag.

We pull up to my house and I get Abby her things and she runs up to Graycen and gives him a big hug "Bye Bye Grey! Thanks for the soda!" Then she shambles inside the house. "You gave her soda?" He smiles at me," not a lot just a few sips from mine" I nod and walk over to him and giving him a big hug. "I'll talk to you later okay? Thanks for everything." He nods back at me and kisses my forehead. "Anytime" I pull away and walk inside my house taking my shoes of and waving goodbye to Greycen. I see him get in the car and drive away before shutting the door and going to my room to get changed.