Six

I watch as the dark wood doors slam covering Cassie from my sight.

I heard a chair scrape the floors and I turn away whispering good luck even though she can't hear me.

I set an alarm for about an hour so I know to be back here. Going to the elevator and hit the floor my office is on. I might as well get some work done while I'm here. My office is the farthest cubicle from the elevator to the left. I have a few pictures of Cassie and Abby on my desk and my keyboard needs a good cleaning. I've been busy recently so I haven't had time to clean my station. I could do that now I guess.

I open the supply closet door and dig around looking for the hand held vacuum and dust rags. I drop the vacuum on my foot and I made a fairly high pitched squeal as I tried, and failed, to move out of the way. It crashed into my toe "shit, ow that hurt, right on the nail!" I bent to pick up the machine when I heard the elevator doors begin to open. I peak around the corner and see a group of large men walk out and turn right. I set the vacuum back on the shelve. "I think that can wait till Monday." Quietly I exit the supply closet and close the door behind me.

I go straight to the elevator and hit the top floor button. I didn't need to be starting trouble at this time, I don't find that necessary to my survival at this point. Heavy footsteps echoed the hall as the elevator began lifting me towards the sky. Waiting patiently for the lift to land on the top floor. The doors open better now just a little squeaky since I'm the only one in the elevator.

I sit outside the managers office and wait for Cassie interview to be over. My phone rings and I see it's my mom calling. I answer the call to be met with silence. "Mom? Hello? You there?" The phone line goes dead. That's weird.

I knock on the wooden frame and I receive no answer. I knock again with a bit more urgency then before . Still no response. I push open the door gently and look around the room. It's pitch black and the shades were pulled down. What the fuck?

The phone call, the security guys, now this. I step out of the room, shut the door and I grab my phone once in the elevator to call Cassie. She never answered. So I texted her a series of messages along the lines of where the hell did you go? But no response. I called my mom and again no answer. I texted her, but to find no answer.

I rush to my car pushing past random strangers in the parking lot. I repeatedly call Cassie and my mom trying to get a hold of one of them. Still to no prevail. The front door is open at the house and real panic sets in. I hop out of the car, not even worrying about locking it. I throw open the door and see Cassie, Abby, my mom, the manager, friends and other family members all in the entrance. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREY!!" I step back and smile madly.

I completely forgot it was my birthday! I'm officially 19!

A/N

Shorter update but SUPRISE! Its Greys birthday! I kinda though the build up would add some hype, did I worry you with that?? Oops, my bad XD see ya!