Five

Five

The drive to my office was filled with an awkward silence and humid air.

We parked in the back of the building and I turn off the car. I lock the car doors and she turns quickly and gives me a questioning glare.

"Before we go, we really need to talk"
She looks in my eyes "About what?" "Yesterday was dramatic I know, and you probably don't want to talk about it yet, bu-"
"Can we not have this conversation now? Later we can talk about it okay, I promise?" I nod "fine"

We get out of the car and I lock it behind us. I look behind and she walks up and hugs me. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I just need time to figure out what needs to be done." I nod. I completely understand what she's saying and I don't want to pressure her into staying with me. She's always been independent, and most times responsible.

The elevator ride to the top floor of my building was crowded. Which was odd for a Saturday, I wonder if there is a meeting I am unaware of. The heavy doors fight to open as there is so much weight due to the crowd of people. I lead her down the hallway towards my managers office, she is looking around frantically and keeps patting down her blouse. "Hey you doing alright?" She nods and smiles at me. I smile and turn right then come face to door. I knock on the dark wooden door and a man I don't recall seeing before answers. "Do you have a meeting planned?" I shake my head "no but she does." I move out of the way allowing Cassie into the mans line of sight.

"Cassie? Is that you?" Her eyes widen and she gives me a quick glance. "Yes, have we meet before?" He nods and pushes me out of the way and gives her a strong hug.
"It's Sam. Remember me?" She pushes him away. "I wish I didn't." He looks at her with an odd glare. "Don't be like that. I know I messed, but I've changed. I promise." She shakes her head. "No, no. You've broken promises before. People change but the memories don't. I'll never forget what you did to me and my family. Now, please. Leave me alone. I have work to be done." He walks closer to her and she steps back.

"Leave her alone, you heard her request." He turns around and steps towards me. "And who would you be?" I look back at Cassie over his shoulder and she shakes her head. Mouthing to me 'DONT'. "My name is Greycen, and this is a place of business so you need to see your way out." He smirks and nods. "My place of business, But fine. I'll be seeing you around." He turns away from me and brushes past Cassie and attempts to grab her hand. She pulls away and walks towards me. I hug her and then place my arm over her shoulders. Sam turns and looks at us, smirking. Then proceeded to walk into the elevator.

I feel her pull away from my so I move my arm away. "That's Sam. The guy I told you about. My ex boyfriend...." Then it all came back to me. The nights she and Abby had to spend at my house because she was terrified he would find her. The stories she told me. He hurt her, he hurt Abby. He hurt my love, my life. I'm going to find out what he really did. But not now, right now she has to get the job. And I'm going to make sure she does.

A/N

I'm sorry for the short update and the long wait. I've been busy with school and I've had some home things going on. Also the major writers block I had wasn't helping, but I'm back! Comment your thoughts and if you have any future ideas for the story you would like to see. I can do my best to incorporate any ideas you have. I'll try and update soon! See ya!