Big Brown Eyes

When I looked up, I noticed some big brown eyes infront of me. My face was red and puffy, and I noticed right away that this was not Cherry. I focused on it's color. Black, brown, and White. This was defiantly not Cherry, but the horse looked familiar. Then it hit me. This was Diligent. I gasped, and realised Heather wasn't on. I grabbed the horses reins, and sprinted back to the stable. Not a Heather is sight. This time, once out of the building, I mounted Diligent and took off to Heathers favorite spot. I saw her lying on the ground. "Heather!" I yelled. She didn't move. So many thoughts ran through my head. What if she's dead? What if she is in a coma? I shook her, no movement. Her helmet had cracked, she must have fallen off. I shook her a little more, still no movement. I gently picked her up with all my strength, and stretched her across the saddle. Very gently, I walked and Diligent followed. Then I heard a thump-thump-thump. It sounded like horse hoof beats behind me. I turned around, and saw Carly. She looked at Heather, then back at me. "I didn't do it." I said. She nodded. Carly doesn't talk much. I very briefly summarised what happened, and she nodded again. She helped me watch Heather to make sure she didn't fall off. Once there, I presses the emergency button on the stable door, and Drew, the head officer came out. He gasped As he looked at Heather. I told him about how I found her. He then called the ambulance, and within minutes they came racing down the road. They loaded Heather up, and I just took Diligent back to her stable, and untacked her, then I noticed that Cherrys saddle was missing and there was a note on her stall.