Chapter 6

“Soooo… the doctor says you can come home today.” Mia whispered with a smile

“Really…oh thank god. I hate hospitals, and the dreams I had it was like…like it happened.” She helped me pack my things a little faster than I was going. My head still hurt a little but not as bad. I couldn’t wait to go home to my nice bed and real food and my own toilet.

“Like what happened?”

“Oh I don’t know, I had on my blue dress like at the party and out of no where I got really upset and I guess I was running away from something and I saw a man’s hands grab me and just slam my head against the glass…”

Mia looked at me like she was about to ask me something really important but Dr. Liu came in cutting her off. “Paris…ok so are you all set?”

“Eh I’m getting there.”

“Don’t worry dear just drink lots of water and take you meds for your headaches and here’s my number in case you need anything.”

This was the first time I’d actually get a doctors number, personal number at that. I usually get the office number and have to transfer through hell before reaching them.

“Thank you so much Dr. Liu.”

She smiled at me and I felt like I’ve known this lady my whole life, her presence around me didn’t come close to feeling like a stranger. We made our way home and I wanted nothing else than to feel my body wrapped in my covers. Mia made me some soup with crackers crunched up inside, my favorite. The sun started to slowly disappear as the rain came rushing down, I loved this type of weather I could stay in bed all day if I wanted. In my case I had no choice but to stay in bed for the time being. I kept the windows open so that I can listen to the rain until I doze off.

“I’m guessing this is not how you planned to start your summer huh.”

The sound of an unfamiliar deep voice startled me, when I realized it was just Alan I relaxed a little. I watched him stand at the foot of my bed with his shirt off and sweat pants and all I could think of is how his olive skin would feel wrapped around mine. His hair was undone, like he’d just woken up. It looked cute on him. “Defiantly not. Did you just wake up?”

“Yeah, I worked out earlier for a while and I was beat after.” He murmured rubbing his arms still in pain.

“Oh okay.” I wanted to say more but what am I to say to a hot guy standing in my room that I knew nothing about. I swear I am too shy around him sometimes.

“Mind if I join you?”

“Huh?” was he serious? Is this a trick question? I laughed at myself inside but I couldn’t help but smile at him.

“Yes she minds if you join her, she should be resting.” Mia interrupted gabbing Alan by the arm, taking him out of the room along with her. “Get some rest my love; come get me if you need anything okay.”

I agreed disappointingly and lay back down in my bed. Maybe it was a good idea not to have any distractions, I needed to relax and have a little time to myself. The next day I woke up feeling a little better than usual. I jumped in the shower, threw on my favorite pink workout suite and headed for the door leaving Mia and Alan at home. They were fast asleep and I didn’t want to wake them, I wouldn’t be gone too long for them to worry anyway. I plugged my headphones into my ears and began running on the sidewalk, going towards the park. It was nice out like always, every kid on the block had to be out today, playing football, soccer or just having a picnic with their family. Watching them made me think of the times I spent with my foster parents. We’d go to the park for little picnics every Friday, camp out in the back yard on Saturday, and after church on Sunday we’d play all kinds of sports or sit in the living room and watch football together. Those were the days I looked forward to whenever school made life stressful for countless reasons.