Chapter 8

“Wake up sunshine.”

The smell of fresh blood lingered around the room, the heat in the air caused the paint on the walls in my room to peal one by one. I could only open my eyes for a second and then close them quickly. I could feel someone touching my ankles, shaking them roughly so that I can wake. I tried to wake up but my eyes refused to let me see daylight. If it even exist at this point.

“Sunshine wake up, you’re going to miss breakfast.”

The sound of a deep promising voice whispered in my ears. The closer he got to me my heart pounded harder and harder. I opened my eyes once more and the image on a man stood before the foot of my bed, facing the closet. He was holding something in his hand. Whatever it was it smelled bad and reeked of old blood. I closed my eyes again pulling the covers over my head this time. I could see his shadow pacing back and forth, and then he stopped. I patiently waited to see what he was going to do, anxious and paranoid I held my breath in.

“WAKE UP SUNSHINE!”

He snatched the covers from my feet peaking from under the covers with his devilish grin. His eyes green and black and his mouth dripping of blood, his face was a little furry and dirty looking and his fangs were so sharp. I screamed for dear life, kicking and swinging my arms but even that didn’t shoo him away. He snatched the covers off of me and I covered my face screaming between my knees.

“Baby what’s wrong?”

I thought I was going crazy, had I heard Stephens voice just now. I looked up and there he was holding a plate of pancakes and eggs and bacon with a glass of orange juice. The room looked perfectly fine and it smelled of sunflower.

“What the hell is going on here? Am I going fucking insane?” I stared at my hands, waiting for answers like they were really going to answer me back.

When I looked back up he was gone. I blew out a deep sigh and hopped out of bed and headed for the bathroom, but when I opened my bedroom door I ended up right back where I started. In my bed room. I looked behind me only to find a brick wall. The smell of blood quickly came crawling back, making my skin itch inside and out. I could hear heavy breathing right on top of me, the cool wet air from his breath danced around my neck and my whole body shivered. “Stephen is that you?”

He didn’t answer. I turned around and my heart stopped, it was the same face I saw peaking under my covers. “WAKE UP SUNSHINE!” he grabbed my neck with his teeth tightly refusing to let go.

“NOOOOOOO AHHHHHHH”

“Paris...sweetie, Paris wake up my love.” I could hear a soft voice calling my name but the pressure on my neck distracted me from reality. “Paris wake up right now…PARIS”

“What, what, what!?” I woke up in a cold sweat, Mia was by my side, and she looked so frightened. I blew out a deep sigh and hugged her tightly. “I’m sorry Mia… I was just having another one of my nightmares.”

“Are you sure it was just a nightmare? Look at your neck come here.”  She helped me up out of bed and pulled me into the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror there was huge bite mark on my neck, I felt faint. “No, no Mia what’s wrong with me why am I having these dreams and now this.” I quickly ran my hand under freezing cold water and threw it on my face over and over again. When I looked back into the mirror I watched the bite mark slowly disappear. Am I going crazy?

“It’s gone…” Mia touched my neck softly, I could tell she didn’t know what else to do but be there for me. She kissed my neck and hugged me. “It’s ok, you’re not crazy… I to see things but in different ways.”