Chapter 31

Cameron's POV:
I took another sip of my coffee and sighed. I couldn't think about anything else but Nina's op. She was in there for almost one hour now.

"Mr. Boyce?" Dr. Martin entered the waiting room. I looked up at him.

A sad smile formed on his lips.

"Nina, she-she didn't make it. I'm so sorry." The coffee cup fell onto the ground. I shook my head no.

"No! Dr. Martin, p-please, this can't be true! Come on, say something!" I stood up from the hard chair and went into his direction. Hot tears escaped my eyes.

She was gone. Nina was gone.

"I'm really sorry. We tried our best." He spoke in a calming voice, but right now, no one could calm me down. I had lost the love of my life. Forever.

"No! You didn't try your best! If so, she'd still be alive!" I kicked against a chair, making the other people in the waiting room flinch.

I broke down onto the floor and cried so much like never before in my life.

"Nina, c-come back! I need you! I love you!" I shouted, even though I knew that I couldn't get her back. No one could. The doctor patted me on my shoulder and then left the room to talk to her parents and Alex.

I slowly stood up. I felt so weak. My heart broke into thousand pieces. I would never be able to feel happy again. I made my way to her room and grabbed one of her pullovers and inhaled her sweet scent.

"You can't be gone, N. You just can't." I whispered. I sobbed into her pullover, making it wet.

I had like a flashback, from the first day we met in college. The fact, that she hated me so much, but deep inside, she was happy to see me. Also, I saw the scene when Nina and I first kissed, on the beach after I told her that I had this deal with Brittany. I could never forget this wonderful feeling during our kiss. Amazing. I loved it when she would snuggle up to me and I'd wrap my arms around her body and just hold her, so she wouldn't be alone anymore. So awesome memories I made with her.

I love you, Nina. I always did.

My eyes were still closed, when someone tapped on my shoulder. I was confused. I sat in the waiting room, hold my coffee cup in my hands and in front of me stood Dr. Martin.

"Mr. Boyce? I'm glad to inform you that the operation went pretty well. We brought her into her room again, she's sleeping. You can go to her when she wakes up. Nina is such a strong girl." The doctor smiled at me. My jaw dropped and I needed a few seconds to understand what he just said.

She was alive.

A/n: The feels, guys, the feels...
~Nina