Chapter 74

Nina's POV:
I locked myself up in my room. I was there for two hours now.

"Don't worry, it's going to be okay." Said my cousin Mickey through the phone.
Gladly I didn't give Alex my phone back. I had hid it inside my drawer.

"How do you know?" I sniffed. "Everything's so messed up right now. I mean, I know Alex shouldn't have given me the pills. But the thing is, after he told me that it was actually his dad who practically forced him to, I couldn't be mad at him any longer." I spoke and sat down on my bed.

"Yes, and you should tell this Cameron."

"He won't listen!" I protested.

"Because he cares about you, Nina." Mickey said.

"That doesn't even make sense."

"Look." My cousin took a deep breath. "I agree with you, he shouldn't have hurt Alex, it was wrong. But he wanted to protect you, Nina. He was scared about you. And he only beat him up, because he didn't know the whole story. So go tell him. Or do you want to lose your boyfriend?"

She had a point. I sighed. "Of course not. It's just... I don't know, I think you're right."

"Oh, I know so. I'm always right." She giggled.

I laughed. "I'll go talk to him." And then I was already on my way to unlock the door.

Just as I wanted to open the door, it swung open.

"Cameron? I-" he cut me off.

"I really need to talk to you." He said. His eyes were puffy.

"I really need to talk to you too." I replied and we went into my room.

He paced back and forth. Silence filled the room for a while.

"Okay, Nina. I'm an idiot. A complete idiot." He began.

I crossed my arms over my chest. I wanted to agree, but didn't want to make things worse between us, so I just stayed silent.

"I shouldn't have beaten him up. It was wrong. I was just- When... I heard that you almost didn't make it..." Cam was fighting with the tears.

"It wasn't Alex's fault, Cam." I whispered.

My boyfriend nodded. "I... I know."

"You talked to him?" I asked.

"I did. He told me everything. I was so upset and angry, I couldn't think straight anymore. I actually wanted to hear the whole story from you, but you'd locked yourself in here." He explained.

"Yeah... I'm sorry as well."

"I apologized. To Alex. It was weird and I had never expected this but- He forgave me." Said Cameron.

I smiled. "He isn't as bad as you think."

Cam came closer to me. "I'm sorry I shouted at you." He whispered and stared into my eyes. "I didn't mean to. I can never forgive me for this."

I shook my head no. "It's forgotten. I'm sorry I said that last sentence before I stormed off into my room."

He placed his two hands on my face. "It's okay. But Nina: I have changed. I'm not the person that I was one year ago. I'm the old me again. I'd never dare to bully you again. And that I beat up Alex was a mistake, like I already said. It just came all over me."

"Forgotten... It's forgotten." I hugged him tight.

"I love you, Ninja. I never stopped. And I will never stop." His lips brushed against mine.

"I love you too. With all my heart, Cam." I kissed him. Passionately. I missed feeling his lips on mine.

We pulled back. Cameron still held me and smirked.
"You know what's the best thing in my life?
It's the first word of this sentence."

Wow. That was deep.

I couldn't stop laughing. "Cam, you are cute and stuff, but pickup lines aren't really your thing. Where did you read this?"

"I had to spend my time waiting outside your door on something. Alex's father really must get out these typical magazines for women." He laughed.

"Oh my gosh! You read a magazine? You actually read something?"

He played with my hair. "I read your diary."

"Don't try to impress me, Boyce. I don't have a diary." I raised my eyebrows.

"Dammit." He mumbled.

"You're the sweetest." I wrapped my arms around him.

"As much as I wanna stay with you, I actually have to leave now." Cam stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"No. Don't go yet!" I pouted.

He chuckled. "Aw, Ninja". He picked me up.

"I don't want you to leave." I mumbled into the crook of his neck.

"We'll see each other in two days again." Cam kissed my forehead.

"Yeah."

"Just call me if you miss me, okay?" Cameron sat me down on my bed. "No one has seen your phone, right? Just call me and I'll finish telling you my story. I love you, my little Ninja." He just wanted to leave the room, as his phone rang.

He picked up.

"I miss you." I whispered through the phone and went towards him.

"Baby girl.. I miss you too. Come here." Cameron hugged me one last time and then he went out and made his way back to college again.

A/n: I want to have a relationship like these two😍❤️
Thoughts???
~Nina