Chapter 53

Nina's POV:
"Great. I'm locked in here with you." Cameron and I both said at the same time.

I couldn't believe it. Did Alex seriously think that we would talk? That we would forgive each other by locking us in in the storeroom?

"You're going to regret this Cornelius." I mumbled and stared at the door.

"Who the heck is Cornelius? Your second boyfriend?" Asked Cameron.

He did not just..

"Why do you have to be so stubborn!?" My voice raised up.

Cameron came closer. "You think I'm stubborn? Oh please..."

"I can't believe you think I'm that kind of girl."

He still looked upset. "Nina..."

"No. You should think about your words twice before you say them out loud. And for the record, Cornelius isn't another boy, it's Alex. It's his middle name." I explained and sat down on a chair.

Cameron let out a sigh. "Oh... Wait, his actual name is Alex Cornelius Belmore?" He laughed.

"Alexander." I corrected him and leaned against the wall.
"And also, he's not my boyfriend. You know what? I don't even know why I'm still trying to get your attention. You're happy with Brittany, what was I thinking?" I shook my head.

I couldn't believe that I thought I'd actually have a chance with Cameron.

"Hey, I do not know where this picture came from. I can't even remember I kissed her. I never did." Said Cameron and ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"Why should I trust you?"

"Because, I'm your roommate, for god's sake! Remember I've told you that I only dated her in high school because everyone else of my so perfect friends had a girlfriend? That's it. The photo must have been edited or something." He came closer to me.

I fake-laughed. "You tell me I should trust you but you don't even want to trust me?"

"Well, I saw the photo and it looked so obvious."

"It looked obvious, yes, but did you see that we both have kissed? No, you didn't. Not only because the picture was taken before we would kiss, but also because I never let him kiss me, Cameron." I now looked at him. He stared at me for a moment.

"You didn't... Wait, you backed off? Why?" Cameron was curious.

I shook my head. "It's not important why I backed off, but because I did. And now? Do you still think I'm head over heels for Alex?" I stood up and turned around, so he couldn't face me.

"No... I think my- my jealousy let me overreact once again." He mumbled. I heard footsteps coming my way.

"I thought you would never realize... And you and Brittany are not..." I muttered.

He grabbed me by the waist and turned me around. "Not even friends. I don't like Barbies."

I chuckled. "Good to know, I guess."

"Definitely." My roommate laughed. "So, uh, we're good again? Like, friends, or..." He paced around.

I looked up at him. "We never stopped being friends. Or... Whatever we are."

Cameron took my hands and smirked. "I can call you my Little Ninja again?"

I went over to the little window and sat down. "You know I hate it when you call me like that. But it's okay I guess. Hey, Cameron? There's one more thing..."

I just had to tell him. I took a deep breath.

"What is it?" He sat down beside me and smiled.

"Have you... Have you heard of the n-night two days ago? I was in the clinic, you know, and there was this man with a, with a knife." I gulped once again.

"Oh my holy ninja..." He whispered. "D-did he do something to you?" Cameron intertwined our hands.

I shook my head no. "No, thanks to Alex. He brought me out of my room to this secret room... We stayed there over the night." I knew what he was going to ask.

Cameron's eyes widened. "Did you, you know..."

I fake-laughed. "Oh, of course Cameron. Of course I'm sleeping with Alex when a psycho is running around in the clinic and searches his next victims." I looked at him.

"Sorry, this question was inappropriate. I was just... curious." He cleared his throat.

"Such a bad habit of yours. I just wanted to let you know that Alex and I decided to be friends again. Nothing more, nothing less."

He nodded and giggled. "I think I have to thank Alex for bringing you home safely. And also I have to apologize to him and also to you for being such a jerk. He's not so bad as I thought."

Just then, our eyes met and we both smiled. Cameron's eyes wandered to my lips and then to my eyes again.

For one second, I couldn't breathe.

"So... You remember when I asked you if we could repeat this when you'd get here again?" His voice became softer and more calm.

"I do." I smiled.

"Great." He replied and touched my face with his hands.

He leaned in and so did I.

"HEY GUYS!!" Shouted Alex. I quickly stood up and blushed like hell.

"What... I didn't even hear you unlocking the door." I rushed over to Alex.

"Seems like your were focusing on something else... Or should I say someone?" Alex smirked. I looked down to the ground.

"Thank you Alex. You're plan actually worked out." I smiled at him.

"Of course it did. It's a plan by me after all." Alex laughed. Wow. He really did have much self-confidence.

Cameron came up to us and pulled me closer to him. Alex stared at us for a few seconds.

Awkwaaaard...

"I, um, I forgot I have to do this... Stuff. Totally forgot about it. Typical me." I giggled and was about to leave.

"I'll come with you." Alex and Cameron said at the same time. I turned around to them.

"No, guys, thank you but I want to be alone, for now."

"Of course." Cameron smiled. "See you later?" He asked.

"I'll call you?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, alright. See you." I replied and headed out the door.

A/n: Thoughts?
~Nina