June 10, 1994

June 10, 1994

I was laying down when Gervais walked in the room. He would always come around this time of day to tell us what was happening in the world above. He had a small frown on his face and tried to quiet everyone down. "Okay guys please listen. I have received some news. I can't really put this in words but I will try my best," Gervais sighed, "Basically the United States doesn't want to help us. They don't think that there will be anything in it for them if they risk the lives of their men to save us. In fact they aren't even calling it a genocide anymore," He admitted and there was a roar of voices.

"Not a genocide. I would like to see them over hear watching their friends and family get hacked to death,"

"How could they just sit back and watch?"

"Those greedy Americans. They always have to get something out of it,"

"Who could be that heartless?"

"Okay calm down guys. We must stay quiet," Gervais tried to talk over everyone but no one was listening. Daniel stood up, put his fingers to his lips and let out a loud whistle. Everyone looked up at him, surprised. "Let's keep our heads here and hear what Gervais has to say," Daniel huffed and then sat down next to me. I wrapped my arm around his and placed my head on his shoulder. "Thank you. Now we must remember to stay quiet and to pray. I am sure things will turn around and we will be back outside before you know it," Gervais smiled then headed back upstairs.

Didi came over to us after playing with her new friends from across the room. She sat down and hugged me then Daniel. "I love you with all my heart," She said to the both of us and a huge smile grew on my face. "Well I love you too," I cooed and pulled her close. "You are our little princess," Daniel smiled and kissed Didi.