Chapter 19

I can't believe I said yes to that crazy girl, Xavier thought, but I don't have much choice. Aissh! frustrated as he opened the door to his apartment with his key. He suddenly remembered Jasmin and wondered where she is. He went in and knocked on her door. There was no answer. He looked at his phone, and found her number. He was about to press the number, but he caught himself. Am I crazy? What will she think I am doing? Aisshh! Crazy..I am really crazy, he thought. He went inside his room and lazily sat on it, then slid to lie down on the bed.

He keeps staring at his phone, debating whether to call her or text her. 

He sighs and puts his phone down and closed his eyes. 

He can't be thinking of Jasmin now, especially after agreeing to Audrey. He needed the money, so he said yes. A month. I need a month to spend with her. He should forget about Jasmin and worry about his own life. Yeah, that's what i am going to do. Get myself out of this financial mess and then just try to get this thing done with Audrey. A month. He sighs again, Audrey can be difficult but he knew he can handle her. A month in hell, that's for sure. But does he have a choice? He chose the lesser evil - and that is Audrey. He closed his eyes again and soon enough he was sleeping. He was tired from dealing with Audrey and trying to push Jasmin out of his mind.

Have a seat, Alexander said to Jasmin as he gestured to the sofa. Jasmin said Thank you.  

Do you want tea or coffee? he offered.

Sure, tea would be great, Jasmin said smiling at him. She looked around at his neat pad.

Feel comfortable, I will just get the tea, Alexander said, for some reason, he felt nervous seeing Jasmin in his pad. He never brought any girl here, and even though the intention of bringing her here was more for security and is job-related, still he can't help but feel nervous and awkward. He tries his best to appear normal especially later on they will be talking about sensitive information. 

Jasmin felt uneasy, she can't get comfortable in her seat. It is as if she was in his boyfriend's place for the first time. Get a grip Jasmine, ano ka ba? Feeling mo naman ha..stay focused will you? she tells herself , she breathed in and tries to relax. You are here for business reasons, nothing personal Jasmin, she continues to self-talk. 

Jasmin...Jasmin, Alex softly called her name for the second time, she seem to be thinking deeply about something. 

Jasmin abruptly opened her eyes, which she didn't even realize she closed. Oh, thanks for this, she said realizing Alex brought the tea as soon as she saw it on top of the glass table.

Alex smiled, that's nothing- oh by the way, let me just get my laptop so we can take a look at the files I want you to look at, he said so he can try to wiggle out the seemingly growing tension between them.

Jasmin nodded and took a sip of the tea. It was just right, it wasn't too hot, it wasn't cold. Just warm enough to sip. Thanks God, we will finally  talk about work, hayy. This time you focus Jasmine- this isn't a joke. You are here to work, not to be thinking about different things, she told herself off. 

Xavier was moving around, and lazily opened his eyes and grabbed his phone. He pressed Jasmin's number and brought the phone to his ear.He heard it ringing, one..two..three...no answer. Aishh! What is she doing? He got up and threw his phone on the bed. He pulled his pants down and his shirt off and went inside the bathroom to take a hot shower. Jasmin is still bothering him, the thought of her wandering around Seoul alone is troublesome for him. Aissh!! He turned the shower on and lets the warm water wake him up, closed his eyes- and saw Jasmin- smiling, but not at him, but to someone else. Bastard! He curses, Damn it! as he tries to erase the vision of Jasmin possibly with another guy!

Meanwhile, Jasmin's phone ringer was on mute inside her bag so she can't hear the phone ringing. Alexander was showing her the files in his laptop while both of them sat next to each other on the couch, their shoulders touching- their knees a couple of inches apart. They were trying their best not to get affected by the closeness physically, and concentrated hard with the material they are looking at.