Chapter 23

Alexander took a long cold shower as soon as he got home that night, trying to shake off any memories that were suddenly awakened inside him. He felt that familiar painful feeling of guilt. The water was cold but he felt his face flushed,warm rush of anger building up inside him.

It's been.... he thought and stopped himself. He pulled the hanging towel and wrapped it around himself.

He walked to where his wine cooler is and randomly picked a bottle.

He took a swig from the bottle.
He let himself fall on his bed face down and closed his eyes.

Jasmin...Jasmin triggered a memory he thought he mastered forgetting about. He was dead wrong.

Work...he needs to work. That's what helped him focus on other things. Other than that....

He rolled off the bed and quickly got dressed.

He opened his laptop and started sorting through his files. The hint of himself earlier was gone. He was back as the aloof, professional and tough Alexander.

Jasmin told Xavier she will be out late tomorrow.  She was telling him in case he would be wondering about it then.

Xavier thought why she was informing him, it wasn't like they are married or anything like that. The word married shocked him.

Ah..that's okay. I will be out late also,Xavier said.

Jasmin nodded, she caught his shocked look and was wondering what he was thinking. She was just telling him out of courtesy,that's all. Why was he reacting that way? she thought.

Jasmin went back to her room after eating. She needed to work before she sleeps. She has a lot of information to check, things she has to take note and go over with Alexander tomorrow.

Xavier felt his phone vibrating, a text message. He quickly reads it and puts it back in his jogger's pocket. It was true that he will be out late tomorrow,too. His job starts tomorrow, as much as he doesn't like the idea of spending time with Audrey , he doesn't have much choice.