Chapter 22

Morning

Jasmin woke up early and felt cooking breakfast this time. Although Xavier was acting weird last night she thought she would include him with what she is cooking he is still his landlord for the rest of her stay in Seoul and she doesn't want any problems.

She thought about Alexander last night and smiled. She was surprised he has a different side to his rather all-professional and seem strict personality.

I guess he was in his own comfort area, his apartment- that's why, she thought.

She continued frying the eggs and went back to slicing the tomatoes.

She is still smiling as she is doing it without knowing Xavier is awake and staring at her with his eyebrows raised questioningly.

Xavier thought "Is she smiling happily thinking about that guy? " irritated he walked towards her- his steps a bit louder than it should be.

He didn't smile at her and went directly at the fridge to get himself water.

Jasmin saw him and smiled, "Oh, you're awake..good morning...I am making us breakfast sit down..." then she realized he is frowning.

"He woke up on the wrong side of the bed I gather..." She thought "he is like me when
I get my period, cranky...she almost laughed but thought better. She doesn't want to ruin the morning

"Why don't you...." Xavier was going to tell her to invite that bastard instead to eat breakfast but caught himself. He can't be this way if he doesn't want to get caught by this woman that he likes her. Surprised at the thought that he spelled out inside him, his face grew red, embarrassed at his own admission. He likes her, yes, Jasmin - this girl who is cooking breakfast in his own house. S, that's why I have been feeling like a total fool and idiot. I like this girl. Aissh. Very well, Xavier, you did good. Now, fix it and put it away. You can't be having this thoughts or feelings especially with what he just signed on with Audrey- even if it was just a job for him. He can't involve Jasmin in his complicated life.

"What did you say? " Jasmin asked, she didn't really hear him as she was busy and the sound of her cooking and his voice blended in.

Nothing, I said thank you.... Xavier lied and forced a smile.

Ok, great I am almost done. Do you want coffee?

I will prepare it..just finish up cooking, he said and got up and turned the coffeemaker.

So, what are you up to today? He asked casually to break the awkwardness he still feels from realizing his true feelings for her.

I have some things to do here and I have somewhere to go later.. She said as she puts the fried eggs on the plate. She arranged it on the plate with the toasted whole wheat toast, sliced tomatoes, and bacon.

She say after putting Xavier's plate of food on his side and hers on her side.

Xavier brought two cups of coffee for both of them.

Do you want milk or sugar in it? He asks.

No, I like it black thanks. Come, let's eat,she said.

Xavier smiled, at least they have one thing in common- black coffee.

He sat and looked at the food in front of him.

He doesn't remember when was the last time someone cooked for him. He felt happy.

Thanks for this Jasmin, he said smiling at her. He decided to shake off his discomfort realizing he likes her and instead just be happy he can still see her and even enjoy her cooking.

Jasmin was surprised how he changes his mood suddenly, maybe he was touched I cooked for him,too? she smiled. It is true that doing something good can cheer up someone most of the time. She felt happy that she can get his mood turned around even with a simple thing like this. She looked at him and smiled, sometimes she can't believe she is actually staying with a complete stranger - a very handsome, moody and kinda-mysterious stranger. If she was a normal woman, she can easily fall for him- but because she is here in Korea for different reasons- her priorities are different and she can handle herself fully well on her own- sure she doesn't look it but she can. It was because of her nonthreatening look and current career that she was actually recruited. She is perfect for the job.