Just Keep Running, Just Keep Running

So, yeah, yesterday was Chinese New Year, (Year of the Monkey).
Happy (late) Chinese New Year!....Year of the Monkey...*evil laugh* The Monkey's Paw...
Be ready for "scene changes" every five seconds on this chapter.

Sunset pulled Twilight back to her feet. "Come on! We need to get out of here!"

Sonata was only a few feet in ahead of them. Her breath was heavy, and her voice rasped when she spoke. "They're going to kill us!"

"Great! Thanks so much for saying that Sonia!" the fourth girl hissed at her.

"Shut up and run!" Twilight gasped.

Rain was pouring down on them as they ran. They were all wet, and had something like liquor soaking their clothes. Their heads and feet were throbbing from running over the hard concrete. It was completely dark.

Blood trickled down the other girl's cheek, and dripped to her leg. There was a knife slash on her face.

- - -

3 HOURS EARLIER...

- - -

The room was dark.

Two girls sat at a table, across from each other. One was wearing a silver tank top and white skirt, while the other wore a navy blue hoodie and jeans.

"They're all goig to the party tonight," the one in the silver shirt said. "You know what you have to do."

"Are you sure his is the best choice? They have no idea who it is, Vi. If we show them now, hey would think we're trying to hurt them," the other defended.

Vi sighed. "Do you know who started the fire?"

"No." Her lie stabbed her heart, so she put some truth on it. "But she made them do it. Have you placed a name for her yet?"

"All I know is that she's like Evie. Only she's helping the bad people, not the ones who actually need help."

The girl slid her hood off. "Tell me what to do."

- - -

"Just this one time?" Sunny pleaded with Rarity. "I promise I'll never do it again."

Rarity shook her head. "What do you think Sugarcoat would say if you asked her? There's no way she would let you. Andni want to keep you safe. We're only going to this party to see if anyone there know something about the fire. That's. It. Promise me you won't drink."

Sunny sighed. She nodded. "Fine." She held her hand behind her back, and crossed her middle and pointer finger.

- - -

Sonata sat at her computer. Her ear buds were in, and she had her music blasting her ear drums. She couldn't help singing.

"So I put my hands up
They're playing my song
The butterflies fly away
Nodding my head like yeah
Moving my hips like yeah."

So I put my hands up
They're playing my song
I know I'm gonna be okay
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
It's a party in the USA!"

Sunset tapped her shoulder. "Sonata!" Once the siren had taken her eat buds out, she continued. "Rarity wants us to go to this party thing tonight. She thinks we can find out who set a fire to my apartment." Sonata nodded. "And your singing was really good. I loved it."

"Oh, thank you. I've been taking lessons. I want to sing without magic." She blushed. "That sounds stupid, huh? A siren trying to be good?"

"It's not stupid."