17

Her brown hair flew behind her as she ran towards me. I didn't answer her, instead I let her pull me down. She shoved me onto the floor.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rough, you just scared me."

Then she noticed my arms.

"Dude." She grabbed my left arm and rubbed her fingers over my cuts and scars. Then her eyes went big.

"Were you just going to jump off?"

I nodded, not speaking. Wasn't it obvious?

"Why?"

Now I had to speak. "I just felt like it."

I did feel like it, I wanted to end the echoes of Joshes words, the echoes of Rodger shouting, the echoes of the screaming in my head.

"Be lucky I don't tell my father." She said.

I gave her a confused look.

"My father is the pastor."

I nodded.

"What's your name? I'm Mandela."

"Tyler." I said.

"I liked your song earlier Tyler."

"Thanks, I just learned it."

"Tyler! There you are!" Josh said as he came into view.

I quickly hid my arms and looked at Mandela, pleading her with my eyes not to say a word about what I had almost done to Josh.

"Sorry Josh, I borrowed him, I saw that he was new and decided to give him a tour."

Mark was standing beside Josh still.

"You're fine, we've just been looking for him."

I got up and so did Mandela.

"It was nice meeting you." I said.

She winked at me. "You too Tyler."

Then I followed Josh and Mark out the door.

When we got in the car Josh told me Mark was coming over. I just nodded.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yea, I'm just tired."

Then he nodded and went back to staring at the road.

Why is Josh being like this? He must not want me to be his friend anymore.

He's being mean.

'Yea.'

We didn't speak at all.

When we got back to the apartment I went straight to my room. I changed out of the clothes, leaving my shirt off though.

I had almost killed myself today.

I could hear Josh and Mark in the living room laughing. I bet they're laughing about me. It's so funny how mentally there I am.

You don't need Josh.

I looked down at my arm.

Without thinking, I grabbed the razor from its hiding place.

I sat on the edge of my bed. I didn't wait any longer, I drug the blade across my wrist. One wasn't enough, not even five. I lost count at twenty one. I just stared at my arm. I wanted more, I needed more. I still feel hollow and dead inside. I started on my other arm. I was half way down my arm when there was a knock on my door.