44

I closed the door as soon as I received a message from Jenna.

<Yea, want to do something?

I had to stop myself from jumping with joy.

"Hey Ty." Josh said walking back into the kitchen.

"Is Debby here?" I asked.

He shook his head no and put a plate in the sink.

"Later, any inspiration? What did you get?" He asked looking into my bag.

He made a face.

"A ski mask? Is that makeup?"

My stomach dropped.

What do I do, what do I say?

Oh yea, the mask is so nobody recognizes that I'm a murderer and the make up is to hide that I broke a promise to you guys.

"Show ideas." Was all I could say.

Josh looked at me weird.

"It's a poetry reading, not a rock concert." He laughed.

He's laughing, that means he's not suspicious right?

He walked over to the fridge and pulled out some food.

I took that as my chance to run to my room.

When I was safely alone in my room, I emptied the bag onto the bed.

I pulled the brush out of its package and opened the powder.

I had to make this work, there was no way I was going to let Jenna or Josh see what I had done to myself.

I stuck the brush in the powder and rubbed it across the marks. It all ended up flaking away. I decided to try it with the foundation, considering it would be a little wet maybe the powder would stay better. I squirted a bit of foundation over the marks and rubbed it in a little, then I brushed on some powder. After rubbing it in a bit, it was not as noticeable. If you were looking for them you might be able to see them, but if you're not looking for it then you won't see it.

At least that's what I hoped.

Then I remembered Jenna.

>Oh, yea sure

>Want to come here and help with my poem?

I bet she'll say no, it's something I need to do myself.

I sat down pulling out the notebook that held the few poems I managed to create. Obviously, I couldn't keep doing the old ones, otherwise people might realize that I'm not so great. I sighed tapping my pen against the paper. I don't even know what I should write about.

<Dude, totally, I'll be over in a few.

I clapped my hands feeling super happy.

That feeling soon faded, once I remembered what I had done to myself.

Jenna is going to notice and probably end up hating me. I don't want Jenna to hate me.

The makeup was covering the marks decently but I was going to be writing and depending on where she sat she might get a good view of them.

So I did the only thing I could think of, I turned the air conditioner in my room on. Now I can wear a jacket.

I was a freaking genius.

I laid in bed until Jenna showed up.

There was a knock at the door.

"What?" I called back.