Breaking his jar of hearts - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Step 2: Ignore him

I woke up in Blair’s room on one side of her double bed since; Carl had been sleeping in my room. After pleading with me, telling that both Ben and Carter snored. I just laughed at first but when I went down stairs to see if Carter wanted any pizza last night it was like a bear was as sleep in the room. I don’t think anyone would be able to sleep with that going on never mind if Ben joined in or not. So I let Carl sleep in my bed, I glanced at the clock on the bedside table to see it was seven; I would be at my new school in an hour and a half. I was about to snuggle back down and have some more sleep when the door swung open, the light flooded in from were the light was switched on in the hall. The light made the person in the doorway a silhouette I heard a groan which signified that Blair was now awake.

“Go away Carter” the shape in the doorway chuckled, and I recognised it as my cousin’s meaning Blair was right that it was indeed Carter stood in the doorway. “No can do sis, if you want to take down Jasper Hazel needs to be downstairs in the basement in half an hour” I sighed and flopped back on the bed so my head hit the pillow and I bounced lightly. “Aren’t you meant to be hung over” I said in an annoyed voice, “I am, my head is killing me” he said “Downstairs twenty nine minutes now.”

The shadow which was Carter disappeared, shutting the door. “Oh come on let’s get up” said Blair sounds annoyed at her own idea. I groaned but got out of the bed, I walked out the room. Walking to the spare room, my room the only sounds was my feet padding softly on the wooden floor. I opened my door, to only close it quickly. I had just walked in on one of my cousin’s best friends getting changed; thank god he had already put on his boxers.

A few minutes later Carl opened the door with a light blush still on his cheek, it had flamed up as soon as he saw me in the door way. I walked past him, grabbing the towel Auntie Daisy had put on my chair yesterday and I also grabbed a yellow underwear set from my draws. I walked to the bathroom, and took a shower. When I walked back to my room, in my underwear drying my hair with the towel.

I walked to my wardrobe pulling out white ripped skinny jeans and a white top which had the letters ‘OMC’ across the boobs in yellow, standing for Oh My Clunge like from Inbetweeners I then slipped on my yellow converses on my feet and put my yellow trilby hat on my head. I walked over to my dresser. Putting on black eyeliner and mascara, I placed the makeup back on the side, as I did I saw the black shag band which was still proudly on my wrist, meaning I hadn’t had sex, all the others my ex-boyfriend had snapped last year when we were dating but I wouldn’t let him snap the black one so he dumped me.

I grabbed my black jacket off the back of the chair in front of the dresser making it look like the swallow tattooed on my wrist was flying. I smiled at the tattoo, it meant so much to me and I would never regret getting it. Because I live by the motto Never Regret What Once Made You Smile, which was written on the back of my neck and looking at it makes me smile I will never regret it. 

I got to the basement, a couple of minutes late, but Ben looked as if he had only just woken up. Blair came in next wearing boring jeans and a pink top and a white jacket. She smiled and sat in-between Carl and I. Carter stood up from where he had been sat holding his head. “Right Hazel that next thing you need to do is ignore him.” I frowned, “What?” wasn’t I meant to be trying to get with him not ignore him. “You are forbidden fruit, he is going to try and talk to you, so you walk away whenever possible and if not answer with yes, no, and never ask him a question” said Ben I nodded. “And try and find a guy become friends with, guy like me hate to compete with guy which will hold open doors carry you bag just because your friends” said Carter with a small smile. I nodded to taking in what they were saying.