Prologue

He watched as she folded her arms across her chest, her blue eyes cold and calculating. Behind her stood another man, his hands rested on her waist and his lips continued to plant kisses on her neck. He didn't say a word, he already knew she was leaving him for the man currently trying to have sex with her in his office. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to say the words so he could get this done and over with.

She swallowed, "I, Christine Laurel Black, reject you, Dimitri Xander Black, as my mate and alpha."

The pain was quick to make itself known in his heart, it sliced through his chest like a blade. He clenched his jaw, keeping his face void of any emotion. He laughed, but he was bemused with the whole situation.

"You're a pathetic excuse for a mother." he spat.

She rolled her eyes, "You think I care about those two little bitches? I only gave birth to them so you could have a heir, not that it would matter. This pack will burn anyway."

"This pack is one of the strongest in the US, I'm up for the challenge if you and horny boy over there think you could make a stronger one." he grinned, taking a sip of his whiskey.

"Don't tempt me, Dimitri."

"It's Alpha Black to you." he sneered.

"You can keep those pathetic girls, I refuse to claim them as my daughters anymore." she stated with confidence.

"Leave."

She smiled sweetly at him before grabbing the other man by his hand, ushering him out of the office. Once they left he threw his glass at the wall, hot anger coursed through his veins, burning him. He ran his hand through his hair, his mind drifting off to his daughters. He shook his head, for so long he had known this was coming, but he had tried shielding his daughters from it. He knew, tomorrow morning, that they would wake up and ask him where their mother was. His heart ached for the pain he'll see in their eyes, he can't lie to them, they would know. He smiled a little to himself, the one thing he was thankful for was that they got his personality.

His youngest daughter, Sage, was more like him, but Sara was close. He was thankful they didn't have their mother's brain, goddess, he had no idea what he would do if they did. He was pulled from his thoughts at the opening of his office door, when he looked up he became tense. Standing before him were his two young daughters, tears streaming down their faces.

"Mommy hates us." the one cried softly, her blue eyes shining with pain.

He frowned and knelt down, he opened up his arms as she ran towards him. She was engulfed by his hug, her tears soaking a small section of his shoulder. He looked up to see his youngest wiping the tears from her eyes and looking down. He smiled softly at her, feeling horrible for them.

"Sage, come here." he said gently.

She shook her head, "Mommy said you hate us too."

He bit back a growl, of course she would lie to them. He shook his head, "I could never hate you two, you are the best thing to happen to me. Your mother is..." he trailed off, not knowing what to say about her.

"She's a heartless jerk." Sage stated, her eyes shining with the new anger.

He didn't say anything as she ran over and hugged him too, his arms tightening around them. He kissed them both on the head, making a silent promise to always protect them from the pain. To always be a parent to them and love them no matter what. To make sure they never feel this sort of pain again.

A/N: I know, it's a bit rough, but I'll edit later. :) Once I'm finished one of my books I'll continue this one. <3