I

Light...is it a sin to shower in its warmth? Could it be that I...am a child of dark? These questions continue to flow in my head. Falling...I'm falling...

                                                                                                 ELLI

I stared out the window, waiting for him to come home. I haven't seen him for about...six months. I remember his face, his voice, his smile. I even know the bitter darkness in his soul.

"My little Elli..."

That's what he used to say before he left. I clenched my shirt; inside that shirt was a half heart shaped pendant. The fatal memory...is becoming strong.

"Elli!" Someone shouted behind me. I turned around, seeing Elliot, my twin brother.

"What is it now, Elliot..." I said.

"When are you going to start playing dolls, and work your magic like a normal four year old fairy?" He crossed his arms.

"What?"

"Stop standing there! Stop staring out the window! He isn't going to come back just from you doing that!"

"I know." I looked down. "I'm just impatient."

"Well, start being patient. Come to the kitchen." He turned and walked into the lighted room.

Child of dark...I am Elli. I'm four years old, and I am a royal fairy. I have a twin brother named Elliot, who is my opposite. I'm a quiet person, he's very loud. I'm shy, he's

Obnoxious, an open book. I'm serious, he's so laid back, and lazy, and very dirty. His room is a mess. We are literally the same as mom and dad. The only difference is the eye color. His eyes are blue, like moms, and mine is brown, like dads. His hair is a dark blue-blonde, mine is just straight up dark blue. His hair is shoulder length, mine stops to my back. Although, his hair looks better than mine. When he wakes up, his hair is so messy, but it's a stylish messy. Elliot loves the thought of himself fighting with a sword. He wants to be just my dad, and Uncle Jason. But, I adore magic. I want to be just like mom...and dad. Forming the power from within, into your hands. It's like forming your stress in your hands and throwing it away. Sounds like a good way to relieve yourself. My mom, Keera, was the princess of this land, until five years ago, her sister, the queen was killed by an unknown man. Whoever killed her, died that same day from my father. Instead of mom becoming the next queen, she brought down monarchy and formed a different kind of government. She brought five royal fairies, including her own, are called the royal six. Mom controls the property, and the army. The rest, I don't know about. My mother, is truly the best.

When we entered the kitchen, we see the oven on, inside were the fairy cakes. She was cleaning the dishes in the sink. It looked like she was finishing up.

"Mom, are they ready yet?" Elliot asked, pulling on her apron. She turned her head to him, smiling. Her hair slowly but gracefully moved to her shoulder.

"Not yet, El. Five more minutes."

He groaned, and leaned on her. She looked over at me, keeping her smile. "Why don't you go play in the living room? I'll join you in a bit."

We nodded and headed to the living room, picked up our favorite fake swords and wands and started playing. I looked back at the kitchen now and then, staring at mom. She's so quiet and gentle. But, I feel like there's something more to her personality. May be it's because dad's not here? I hope that's the case. Then, a thought came into my mind.

"Hey mom!" I called. She walked out a moment later, holding a cup of tea. She walks over to the chair to sit.

"What is it sweet heart?"

"How did you and dad meet?" I asked, dropping my wand. I didn't want to play anymore.

"Oh...uh...well..." She slowly lowered the cup from her mouth.

"Wait! If you're going to tell us a story, get the cakes first!" Elliot interrupted. Mom giggled at that, I just gave him a look.

                                                                                                          †

Mom sat back down with her cup n her hand, while Elliot and I sat down in front of her, eating come cakes.

"Now...how your father and I met was...a coincidence." She laid back. "Five years ago, I was walking in Shallows Forest, finding a place to relax. Since I was a princess, I had a lot of training to become a royal fairy. I was still a pixie then. I heard a voice that said 'I know a great place to sleep' and it brought me to your father's home."

"Where did he live?" I asked, taking a small bite from my cake.

"In the human world."

"Are we ever going to go there some day?" Elliot asked. He loved the stories that dad, and our uncles tell us about their world. He really wanted to go there.

"One day. When you're older."

"Why?"

"Because people wouldn't understand us." She spoke a bit quick.

We stood quiet.

"So, there I was, in the human world. I was scared. I didn't know where I was. Your father and uncles, oh man!" She laughed. "Their expressions were so funny now I think about it." She continued explaining after their introduction, and all of the other things that occurred. She stopped for a moment, her heart shaped pendant glowing in her shirt. She

pulled the string upwards to pull it out. I knew what that was, and excitement filled my chest quickly.

"Is that dad calling?"

She nodded. We both stood up and moved next to her, the hologram appearing in front of us. There he was; Dante Troskey, the somewhat heroin. He brought the killer to his eternal sleep.

"Hey, dad!" We shouted. He smiled.

"Hey!" He said back. "How are you guys?"

"Good!"

"Hey, sweetie." Mom said, smiling. He smiled back.

"Hey, honey. I miss you."

"I missed you too."